timnjulie

Power to motorhome

Getting ready to use my 38’ 2005 Thor Damon Astoria diesel with 7500 diesel generator. Just got it back from shop, tires, new exhaust, replaced coach water pump. Testing generator, it started immediately, but noticed microwave did not kick in, tried using air conditioners but wouldn’t start, the use/store button by door kicks off. Is this a blown converter fuse? 

Have you checked the circuit breakers on the generator to make sure they are in the on position? The microwave and AC's are probably on the generator circuits and if no power from the generator, then they will not work. Not uncommon for a repair facility to have left the breakers in the off position after service.

Edited by kaypsmith

14 hours ago, timnjulie said:

the use/store button by door kicks off.

Don't understand what you are trying to say. The switch by door is not a circuit breaker so how is it kicking off?

It would be very unusual to have the roof air routed through your Inverter. 

Bill

Would OP be turning off what we call the Salesman switch?  Possibly, 12 volt dc is needed for the air conditioner control circuit. 

I had a motorhome at one time with electric steps, there was a use store button by the door for the steps. Probably not what his is but it was what it was, when the MH cranked, it automatically kicked off. Without more details hard to diagnose.

He is using the genset for power, not using/starting drive engine. Any use/store switch will be controlling 12V. microwave and A/C units are 120VAC via breaker panel. I really doubt the OP has a converter, more likely an inverter/charger.

Kay is right, without detailed information we are shooting in the dark.