gkmears

Dimensions WIN- 12X20B3RT Inverter

Needs some advice on two problems.

I have a Winnebago 2007 Vectra with Dimensions inverter Model WIN-12X20B3R1T. 

2 months ago, I got a message stating battery temp sensor bad. Ordered new one and replaced everything worked fine till last week.

Now I am getting charger-off battery high temp. Batteries were replaced in November 2020 they do not feel hot.  I hooked up a trickle charger to house batteries to keep them charged everything works fine with trickle charger hooked up. Second problem that is happening is when I hook up to 50-amp service sometimes It shows 50-amp on control panel then next time shows 30-amps this has happened at 2 different locations. I checked surge protector and have good voltage in and out of surge protector. I am thinking my inverter is bad. Not sure why sometime I am only showing 50-amp next time 30-amp. Appreciate any advice you may be able to offer.

Thanks

Gary  602-369-2157

gary@mearsac.com

Charger_off_battery_high_temp.jpg

Dimensions_Model_&_general_information.jpg

Control_panel_in_coach.jpg

For over heating, is your batteries acid or AGM?  If you can remove the caps on battery then its acid and your low on liquid, if its sealed then you probably have a bad cell in one or more batteries....same can also apply to acid....you can have brand new batteries, with bad cell.

On your Powerline board it shows your set for 30 amp, press the select amp to 50. 

Good Morning Carl

Batteries are acid. I had the batteries checked last week to made sure I didn't have a bad one. 

Powerline board it shows set for 30 amp, when I press select button only selects 30 amp or 20 amp. I have had this coach for 14 years and it has always defaulted to 50 amp then I would select 30 amp if park didn't have 50 amp service.  Service shops are so backed up here in Phoenix can't get an appointment to just get it looked at for 30 days then could be another 30 days to get parts in.

Going to order a battery temp sensor and see if I may have gotten a bad one.

Thanks 

Gary

You probably have a different issue than temp sensor causing the 30 vs 50 amp problem. Could be a leg on the Shore power wire, or ATS may only be latching on one side causing the 30 amp signal. If you don't know how to troubleshoot for these conditions please ask here on the forum, many with knowledge will respond. I see only two post by you here and no welcome, Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, WELCOME aboard.

Yes, I believe there are two problems I am hoping the new battery temp sensor is bad and that fix my charging problem. Then to find 30 vs 50 amp problem I will try trouble shooting the ATS.

Thanks for your input appreciate it.

Gary