Kengineer

Hello from Huntsville AL

I am an electrical engineer getting started on the RV lifestyle. I have a wife and 2 college boys. We did our first RV trip with a rental class C in December to Gulf Shores AL. Recently bought a 2019 Entegra Qwest and been practicing each weekend (Montesano SP, Guntersville SP, Rock Island State Park, Fall Creeks Fall SP, Cloudland Canyon SP) to get ready for the Yellowstone NP in June. This weekend is Elm Hill RV resort. I think the best part of RVing so far for me is getting the whole family (4+ goldendoodle) out of the house to enjoy the outdoors, too much technology keeping them inside.

Here is my itinerary so far for the trip to Yellowstone (trying for a month):

1.Huntsville ->(2 days drive) Glenwood Hotsprings (1 night stay)

2. Glenwood Hotsprings -> Moab Valley RV resort (3 nights stay) visit Arches NP and Canyons NP

3. Moab Valley RV resort -> Madison Campground Yellowstone (5 nights stay) -> bought a Jackery 1000 and Dokio 300 watts solar panel to supplement RV battery

4. not sure yet but looking at Glacier, Badlands, Mt Rushmore then going home

7 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

Great have you made any reservations yet? What kind of toad do you have?

Bill

Yes the reservations for madison campsite and Moab Valley RV resort are confirmed. First 2 nights of travel, thinking of sleeping in a rest stop. No toad, will try to be nimble. I had no problems so far moving around in the Qwest.

Ok well you might as well scratch glacier off your list unless you can get a reservation with Red Bus tours as you can't take your RV on the Going to the sun road.

Contact  all the N Parks and be shure you can get in and if you need a reservation.

Bill

Ken, Bill.  Did we not have this conversation about 3 weeks ago?  No toad, but a E bike, wheel and a Segway?

On 5/21/2021 at 4:47 PM, manholt said:

Ken, Bill.  Did we not have this conversation about 3 weeks ago?  No toad, but a E bike, wheel and a Segway?

Yes we did. At it was posted at the destination forum. This post was more to introduce myself to the group. 

RV parks are getting more like hotels/motels, it's a good idea to have a reservation.  The bad part is most will charge the full amount when you make the reservation.  I recently made seven reservations, five charged the full amount, one wanted my CC number but would wait until we got there to charge the card, and one wanted nothing but my word that I would let them know ASAP if I had to cancel.

Five, trust me we have been making reservations for the trip to Gillett. Lots of places are already full. 

2 hours ago, five said:

I recently made seven reservations

LOL we are on stop 26 and haven't turned the corner for home, the last one was at the rally at Alexandria Bay, New York, on the Saint Laurence River.

Bill

On 5/21/2021 at 9:34 AM, Kengineer said:

to get ready for the Yellowstone NP in June.

Use this website to plan your visit. https://www.nps.gov/yell/index.htm

Just so you know. The Grand Loop Road between Tower-Roosevelt and Canyon Village will be closed for all of 2021.

I will be in the area for a few days early July before going into Gillett. 

Bill

Yellowstone KOA got a foot of snow 4 days ago!!!  Friends sent photo of Blizzard and the next morning...

We left home the 24th and got a reservation at KOA in Lubbock, TX.  Glad we did, it was a wet 329 miles.  Got set up by 5 pm, started raining at 7 and hail at 8, big T/S until 4 am today...no damage to Rig or Jeep 🙏!  Now in Grant, NM KOA.  So far no problems with reservations!  We'll be in Cortez, CO tomorrow for 5 weeks. 😁