I hear a lot about Blue Ox and Roadmaster tow bars.  I have looked at NSA Hercules tow bar and don't see much information on it in the forums.  It has a self contained braking system with it.  I wonder if anyone on the forums here can give me feedback and their experience on the NSA product please?

Don't know anything about the NSA Hercules tow bar. Can't say I have ever seen one in use. I would have noticed the big "T" handles. I have had good luck with Blue Ox and a Break Buddy I bought used before I had anything I could tow 4 down.

If cost is a problem start looking on the used market. The only thing I won't re uses is the baseplate. You can get both Blue Ox and Roadmaster tow bars factory re built and certified.

Bill

I've used the NSA ReadyBrake for fully proportional brake control of my toweds for about 20 years.  It's worked great!  It's easy and quick to hook up and disconnect.  I couldn't be happier.  I used it with Blue Ox towbar but I'm seriously thinking about swapping things around and buying the combined towbar/ReadyBrake you're looking at.  Either way, you can't go wrong.  You won't find a less expensive fully proportional braking system anywhere.

I ran a two lead wire from the brakeswitch on my towed to an LED light on the dash so I know when the brakes are being applied.  I see the latest design uses a switch in the ReadyBrake to simplify knowing when brakes are being applied.  I still like getting that information from the towed vehicle though.

Disclaimer:  I have no financial interest in NSA - just like their product.

On 5/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, moonwink said:

I've used the NSA ReadyBrake for fully proportional brake control of my toweds for about 20 years.  It's worked great!  It's easy and quick to hook up and disconnect.  I couldn't be happier.  I used it with Blue Ox towbar but I'm seriously thinking about swapping things around and buying the combined towbar/ReadyBrake you're looking at.  Either way, you can't go wrong.  You won't find a less expensive fully proportional braking system anywhere.

I ran a two lead wire from the brakeswitch on my towed to an LED light on the dash so I know when the brakes are being applied.  I see the latest design uses a switch in the ReadyBrake to simplify knowing when brakes are being applied.  I still like getting that information from the towed vehicle though.

Disclaimer:  I have no financial interest in NSA - just like their product.

Thanks so much.  The system looks easy enough with not a lot of electronics involved amd I like the KISS method.