jeffsteiner

Freshwater fill question

Newly purchased Entegra Reatta XL40Q2- - my old Tiffin had an overflow when filling freshwater.  While filling my Entegra freshwater tank, I came within 5 gallons of having a real big mess inside m coach.  How does one know when the freshwater tank in my coach is full?  

Short of watching the Bluetooth app’s progress while filling the tank (which doesn’t seem very accurate to me as a process to follow) I am at a loss.

Welcome to the forum Jeff. 

Do you have a gage in the wet bay? I watched a friend fill his Entegra (but I don't remember what model) and he had a gage for fresh water level. I don't know why all the manufactuers don't put gages in the wet bay.

1 hour ago, jeffsteiner said:

I came within 5 gallons of having a real big mess inside m coach.

I don't know where it is but they have vent (probably on the roof) that would dump the water if it got to full. I don't think it would go in the coach. The one to be carful with is when rinsing the black tank don't close the gate valve and forget about it. That can get nasty inside the coach.

Have you tried calling customer service?

Bill

I agree with wildbill, every fresh water tank must have a vent/overflow near the top, otherwise the tank will collapse when you empty it with the pump or pump will vacuum-lock.

7 hours ago, rayin said:

I agree with wildbill, every fresh water tank must have a vent/overflow near the top, otherwise the tank will collapse when you empty it with the pump or pump will vacuum-lock.

Agreed. NOW, if it was connected and properly installed during assembly is entirely different. I would take it to a dealer and have it looked at. It might have a plug installed or not connected properly. 

On 5/24/2021 at 6:58 PM, jeffsteiner said:

Newly purchased Entegra Reatta XL40Q2- - my old Tiffin had an overflow when filling freshwater.  While filling my Entegra freshwater tank, I came within 5 gallons of having a real big mess inside m coach.  How does one know when the freshwater tank in my coach is full?  

Short of watching the Bluetooth app’s progress while filling the tank (which doesn’t seem very accurate to me as a process to follow) I am at a loss. 

Jeff, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

My over flow or vent line  is connected at the fresh water fill area behind the door. 

The fact that you got as much water into the tank ,the air was venting out somewhere.

Rich.

You should have both a electric (sealevel) and manual sight gauge where the tank is located.  My tank is located in front of right rear wheel.  It's your dealer fault for not showing you all the operation of your new coach.  On Monday morning you can contact Joyce Skinner @ 1-800-517-9137 or e-mail joyce_skinner@jayco.com  She is the Director of Customer Experience of Entegra and Jayco.  She will know who can help you.