bambiajkora

2005 Monaco MH - Advice Please

Everyone, I would appreciate advice on the best way to sell my 2005 Monaco RV and I know this topic has been posted before but my situation is unique.  This was my father's RV and he recently passed, so as his son I want to sell it but would rather do so without moving it from RV storage.  Also I don't live close to his property so my ability to facilitate showings will be limited.  How realistic would it be to make a sale like this?  

Not very. Find a consignment dealer close to where the coach is. Contact them and see what they can do for you. Please remember that you can't advertise any thing for sale here on the FMCA Forum. Good luck and we are sorry for the passing of your Father.

Herman

If the consignment dealer wants the motor home on their lot, be sure the insurance covers the RV on their lot. You may need to check if the current insurance covers loss to you while in the storage or if driven. 

It would help if we knew the geographical area of the coach and OP?

Someone on Forum may know of a dealer.

11 hours ago, bambiajkora said:

I want to sell it but would rather do so without moving it from RV storage.  Also I don't live close to his property so my ability to facilitate showings will be limited.  How realistic would it be to make a sale like this?  

Welcome to the forum.

Totally unrealistic. I would call PPL Motor Homes at 817-758-0055 and talk to them. You could also call National Indore RV Centers and talk to them 469-277-1330.

Bill

8 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Not very. Find a consignment dealer close to where the coach is. Contact them and see what they can do for you. Please remember that you can't advertise any thing for sale here on the FMCA Forum. Good luck and we are sorry for the passing of your Father.

Herman

Herman, thank you for your kind words and I'll be sensitive not to give the appearance of advertising.  Thanks again for the advice.

3 hours ago, manholt said:

My condolences for your loss, RIP 🙏

Ditto on Herman!

I take it, you have a RV already?

Thank you Manholt, caring for loved one's estate is so complicated and just a weird place to be.  I don't have an RV, just have possession of my dad's MH.

3 hours ago, rossboyer said:

If the consignment dealer wants the motor home on their lot, be sure the insurance covers the RV on their lot. You may need to check if the current insurance covers loss to you while in the storage or if driven. 

rossboyer, wow that's something i didn't think about... Is this insurance offered by the consignment dealer or our insurance provider (in our case State Farm)?  I can see this is a risk

2 hours ago, manholt said:

It would help if we knew the geographical area of the coach and OP?

Someone on Forum may know of a dealer.

Manholt, dad's MH is in OKC and i am in Plano TX, that's a good point thank you

2 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

Welcome to the forum.

Totally unrealistic. I would call PPL Motor Homes at 817-758-0055 and talk to them. You could also call National Indore RV Centers and talk to them 469-277-1330.

Bill

Bill, well thanks for bursting my bubble on the easy way out!!  I knew deep down inside it wouldn't fly, but 'twas a fools hope.  

I looked PPL up on the interwebs, i had no idea places like this existed.  Convenient for me that both are in TX, i am in Plano.  I appreciate the info this is very helpful.  I'll call them to get info....

15 hours ago, bambiajkora said:

I would appreciate advice on the best way to sell my 2005 Monaco RV

Sorry for your loss! 

In the current market, the demand is much higher than the supply. I would put it on consignment as mentioned above. Now comes the tricky part, do you fly out and drive it back or pay a service to pick it up....decisions.... hopefully you can get some photos ahead and send to a dealer to get the ball rolling. I'd even consider calling those dealer options above, they might know how to get it and you wont have to touch it. I would imagine this isn't their first rodeo with respects to a situation like this. 

Some consignment dealers carry insurance as part of the consignment contract, ask your Dad's insurance company if such insurance is included in the present policy. If not, compare pricing with the dealers quote.

Consignment selling IMO is somewhat like hiring a realtor to sell a house. They do all the work and get part of the sale price. We plan to sell our MH(we bought it on consignment) on consignment when time comes to stop traveling.

1 hour ago, wildebill308 said:

National Indore RV Centers is in Lewisville on business 121 so it may be closer.

Bill

Yep that is a heck of a lot closer Bill, we're just SE of 121 and the Tollway, i'm going to try them.  thank you again Bill 

39 minutes ago, jleamont said:

Sorry for your loss! 

In the current market, the demand is much higher than the supply. I would put it on consignment as mentioned above. Now comes the tricky part, do you fly out and drive it back or pay a service to pick it up....decisions.... hopefully you can get some photos ahead and send to a dealer to get the ball rolling. I'd even consider calling those dealer options above, they might know how to get it and you wont have to touch it. I would imagine this isn't their first rodeo with respects to a situation like this. 

Thank you jleamont, i was talking with my wife about that very thing - how to get dad's MH to the consignment lot.  I have no experience with buses that big, and i can just see me wrecking it or hurting someone else in another car.  I agree, mine can't be a unique situation

13 minutes ago, rayin said:

Some consignment dealers carry insurance as part of the consignment contract, ask your Dad's insurance company if such insurance is included in the present policy. If not, compare pricing with the dealers quote.

Consignment selling IMO is somewhat like hiring a realtor to sell a house. They do all the work and get part of the sale price. We plan to sell our MH(we bought it on consignment) on consignment when time comes to stop traveling.

OK my mind has been made up, i'm going the consignment route.  I need to call State Farm to see what they offer in terms of insurance...

There are three very good consignment dealers in our area. I say our because we live in the same area, McKinney for 40 years and now in Whitewright.

I-35 RV in Denton, TX just north of Hwy 380 on I-35.                i-35center.com    877-891-4155

PPL in Cleburne, TX       pplmotorhomes.com        817-758-0055

Motorhomes of Texas in Nachgdoches, TX         motorhomesoftexas.com     800-651-1112

There also National Indoors in Lewisville, TX and Motorhomes Specialties in Alverado, TX

Good Luck,

Herman