recycleperry

FMCA Assist / Covid

I think it is because if the community followed the guidelines, we did, they would not catch covid. Long discussion topic, eh?

recycleperry, first Welcome to the Forum.

Are you making reference to a particular case or just making a general statement?

If the proper procedures are followed and the person is in the hospital under Doctors care and the doctor said that the person needed to be transported to get the proper care then that is one case. If the person is being treated and is recovering then that would be a different case.  

If you can give specifics to a case please forward all the information to three people, Jon Walker FMCA President, with copies to Rett Porter FMCA Vice President and Chris Smith FMCA CEO. They will look into it for you. Please be Specific with facts and not hearsay.

Good luck and again Welcome.

Herman

Jim S.  Thanks for the LINK, I had forgotten about that.  I also have not been notified by FMCA, has anyone?  Herman?

Here is what is not covered in the Assist program. Take time to read what is offered in the Assist program and not go from what someone tells you. Insurance companies are getting away from having anything to do with covid claims, period

WHAT IS NOT COVERED?The following exclusions apply to all benefits or Hazards under this policy. Additional exclusions, limitations or conditions may also apply to specific benefits or Hazards. Please read this entire policy carefully.Disease or Illness: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly, the Insured Person's emotional trauma, mental or physical illness, disease, pregnancy, childbirth or miscarriage, bacterial or viral infection, bodily malfunctions or medical or surgical treatment or diagnosis thereof. This exclusion does not apply to the Insured Person's bacterial infection caused by an Accident or by Accidental consumption of a substance contaminated by bacteria. Epidemic or Pandemic: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly, an Epidemic or Pandemic as defined by the World Health Organization.Illegal Acts: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly,the Insured Person’s commission or attempted commission of any illegal act including but not limited to any felony. Incarceration: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly any occurrence while the insured Person is incarcerated.Intoxication Exclusion Vehicular: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly, the Insured Person being intoxicated, while operating a motorized vehicle at the time of an Accident. Intoxication is defined by the laws of the jurisdiction where such Accident occurs. Narcotic Exclusion: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly, the Insured Person being under the influence of any narcotic or other controlled substance at the time of an Accident. This exclusion does not apply if any narcotic or other controlled substance is taken and used as prescribed by a Physician.Participation in a Race or Speed Contest: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly, the Insured Person being engaged in or participating in a motorized vehicular race or speed contest.Service in the Armed Forces: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly, the Insured Person participating in military action while in active military service with the armed forces of any country or established international authority. However, this exclusion does not apply to the first sixty (60) consecutive days of active military service with the armed forces of any country or established international authority.AH-5296012Suicide or Intentional Injury: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly, the Insured Person’s suicide, attempted suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury.Trade Sanctions: This insurance does not apply to benefits under this policy to the extent that We are prohibited from providing coverage or making payment by any type of travel restriction, trade restriction, economic sanction, or embargo imposed by the U.S. government.This exclusion does not apply if the Insured Person has received a license from the U.S. government to engage in the prohibited activity, provided We receive a copy of the license.War: This insurance does not apply to any claims caused by or resulting from, directly or indirectly, a declared or undeclared War

You can fine the entire policy here https://www.fmca.com/pdfs/description-of-benefits-us.pdf

Sounds similar to the exclusions in every insurance policy I've ever bought.

Unfortunate for us that have a policy that they exclude claims resulting from a pandemic, but from a business view it makes sense to exclude a mass casualty type event.

Yep! My MH policy states that I have to check on my MH every 2 weeks or they are not paying.
I'll wager my life insurance policy has some provisions also..I'm going to be dead so I'm letting DW tend to that!! 🙂

I personally have a friend who used the FMCA Assist. He was from Arkansas and vacationing in his RV in Florida. FMCA Assist provided a Lear 125 hospital equipped flight for him and his wife back to Arkansas and provided  for the transportation of their MH back to Arkansas. Well worth the yearly FMCA fee of membership.  Yes, there are exclusions but all in all it is a good program in my opinion.

I'm just not planning on using it any time soon, but I'll keep my menbership.

Thanks Herman. He is alive and well, even if he doesn't have a pulse. He is kept alive by an LVAD and is doing fine.  They moved from Arkansas to Florida and are loving it there. He is active and about, just has to stay relatively close to a hospital that can cope with the LVAD.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:28 PM, wayne77590 said:

Thanks Herman. He is alive and well, even if he doesn't have a pulse. He is kept alive by an LVAD and is doing fine.  They moved from Arkansas to Florida and are loving it there. He is active and about, just has to stay relatively close to a hospital that can cope with the LVAD.

This man is a family friend of ours, and we flew to Florida and drove their motor home and their dogs back to Arkansas. FMCA paid for our expenses (flights, food, lodging) to do so. Their experience is the reason we joined FMCA just as soon as we bought our camper! Hope we never have to use the insurance, but we are confident they will help us if we ever experience an emergency!

Bob and Paula, So nice to meet you. Any friend of D & L are a friend to us.
I always say the FMCA paid for the return of their RV, and it's true. Had you not been available they would have found some driver but having you do it with the pups and all was a God send.

Thanks, and if you are every down around the Galveston, TX area, be sure to PM or Email me.

p.s., Thelma and Louise say woof!

Say hi to the Dr and Mr's Dr. Don't forget to sit down for a session with her.

See, I do know D & L

Edited by wayne77590

I want to give my take on the FMCA Assist benefit and see if this is/was correct. Back in January my wife was diagnosed with liver cancer. Long story short, in April she is in a hospital in Las Vegas and going down hill rather quickly. I wanted to get her back to Duluth, MN so she would be near our kids and in familiar territory, so I called GMMI. First thing I was told was "Sure we can transport her". Next was "Well, now we need this paper (or something to that effect), then it was a go. No, now this other paper is needed so I supplied that. Next was "we'll give you an update withing two hours". 48 hours later I called (again) and was told some other paper was needed. After almost three full weeks my wife was finally flown home and due to our pets we decided I should bring the truck and trailer home. It was so frustrating that I even called the air ambulance company just for reassurance. I even got a phone call from the CEO of the air ambulance company about the headaches and hassle of trying to arrange the flight. They would NOT tranport for treatment, would NOT transport for possible life saving surgery, and would only tranport for palliative care or hospice care. I questioned why there would not be transport for care, surgery, etc. but they will tranport for a patient to die and was told "Well, it's policy". 

I will say, the air crew was the most proffesional and polite crew you could ever ask for.

Tom

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

First Tom is your wife ok? 

Second, who is GMMI? Did you contact Chubbs?

Herman 

No, my wife passed away on May 24th from the cancer.

GMMI is the insurance company that answers the number that is given for the plan. No, I didn't contact Chubbs. I have no idea who that is.

Tom, I am so sorry for your loss.

Chubbs is the Insurance Company that is the Carrier for FMCAssist. If you will log in to FMCA.COM and go to Benefits you will find all about Assist. It is one of the BEST assets of your FMCA Membership and comes with your membership at no cost to you.

Again my condolences for your loss, God Bless.

Herman 

Herman, that is strange. I called the number on the back of the ID card and GMMI was who answered. They even asked for my FMCA number. No, I have not seen any bill from them. It wasn't fun to get things arranged and then the hospital she was in tried to take credit for arranging everything. My word of advice is to not get sick in the Las Vegas area.......