deanie8

Delamination in new (2021) motorhome

Four weeks after I picked up my new, 2021 Forester  3011ds in October 2020, I found this firm bulge on the side. There’s another one on the other side, also firm. Since then, more flexible bubbles have appeared on the sidewalls but none on the slides.  I also found this area on the front cap that looked like it had not been painted.  My appointment with the dealership was on March 1 when all the bubbles were photographed, documented, and sent to Forest River. After weeks of back and forth communication  between FR and my rep it was recommended that I take it to a dealership in my state that was approved for this kind of repair. That appointment was April 1st. After my motorhome sat on the lot for around  5 weeks FR determined that it was too expensive to have it repaired locally and picked it up on May 26 to return to the factory.

Between serious chassis steering problems, which I won’t  address in this post, and the above described issues, my motorhome has been in the shop 10 times.
My husband and I love this unit but now wonder if it’s time to consider, for our protection, the Lemon Law procedure for our state. I have been documenting everything since November 2020.

Thank you for any advice.

BF31F3F8-627D-47A4-B401-852932E49553.jpeg

0847B3AE-45AB-423F-84FE-B3936892584A.jpeg

If you fall within the Lemon Law, I would use it.  Delamination within the first year can only get worse, unless the factory does a total reskin as well as replaces the underlayment. Underlayment or poor glue, or poor glue procedure is the cause of delamination, if it was not done right in the beginning, it will probably not ever be right.

Most states lemon laws do not cover the "box" only the chassis. I would try to negotiate with the factory for a  new unit at a deep discounted price.

What you have is fixable but you are loosing time to use it and depreciation is still going on.