oldgrape

YUMA SUMMER ELECTRIC BILLS

Question

Howdy All. I have Googled my question about monthly electric bills for a coach in Yuma during the summer. No luck getting a good answer. All I got were discussions on the per kilowatt price being charged. So I'll ask it here. Can anyone tell me what they paid monthly for electricity in a 40' or similar RV in Yuma during the summer months? I'm considering buying an RV lot there and would like to get a full picture of the various costs.

7 answers to this question

Like Jim said I would ask the seller and the park. 

I am wondering on why you would go to Yuma during the summer months? Winter maybe. I have been there and it is HOT. My last trip to that part of the world was we stopped in Phoenix for a week and it was running 112-114. The kicker was they gave the weather forecast for the whole state. The hi in Flagstaff was running in the mid 70s.We left and headed north.:D

Bill

If I buy a place, I may be there eventually for a summer. I'm there now but in a park that covers the electricity in my monthly fee. No meter at my site. You used to be able top get the info from the electric company but sellers complained and now it's considered private to the current person listed on the bill. So asking the seller very rarely gets a truthful answer. That's why I'm asking for info here. 

11 hours ago, oldgrape said:

If I buy a place, I may be there eventually for a summer. I'm there now but in a park that covers the electricity in my monthly fee. No meter at my site. You used to be able top get the info from the electric company but sellers complained and now it's considered private to the current person listed on the bill. So asking the seller very rarely gets a truthful answer. That's why I'm asking for info here. 

If I thought I was getting un truthful answers from the park where I was looking to buy I wouldn't be buying there. Where else have you looked at wintering? Last Dec. We were at Buckhorn Lake in Kerrville Texas.  https://www.buckhornlake.com/ There are places along the Texas coast and I like the hill country. Why not spend some time exploring outher options.

Bill 

Enough. what part of "Yuma, AZ." you don't understand?

There are several RV Parks & Resorts in Yuma and surrounding area....I would guess the cost of elect there, is the same as anywhere else.  

Due to the dryness/lack of humidity, I would look into a swamp cooler type system inside coach.

I don't know of anyone who spends summer in a RV in Yuma....Try asking a realtor or chamber of tourism.

So I have looked at several properties that can accommodate my coach and other items. I have spoke to several people about the cost of the summer electric bills. If they are on the budget program then they seem to average between $200 nd $300 a month in the summer and $150 to $200 during the winter months. If not on the budget program the between $500 and $600 a month in the summer and maybe around $150 in the winter. Also depends if they have solar or not. Due to the real estate market right now bidding wars are common. Prices are jacked up and getting worse by the day. The wife and I have decided to back off from buying any property anywhere. We could even just move back to our property in VA but really don't like the taxes there. I appreciate the input from everyone.