mhabicht

Tire pressure alarming

I have a 2015 Winnebago 35F with 22.5 wheels. The sticker inside say 90PSI and the tire sidewall cold is 110PSI.

I am configuring my TPMS alarms, what should I set my LowPSI and HighPSI alarms at? What should I set my high temp alarm at?

Edited by mhabicht

mhabicht, Welcome to the Forum.

The best way to get the pressure for your RV is to have it weighed, all four corners. Then go to the chart for your tire manufacturer on tire pressure virus weight. 

Hope this helps,

Again welcome,

Herman 

Until you get a chance to weigh your coach and inflate as per Hermin's instructions, Your tires should be inflated to the 90 lbs as per the sticker on the wall (or door) next to the drivers seat.

I would go 80 for the low psi and 115 for the high psi although others may have further recommendations.

If your travels are mostly in the NE, go with Ian.  

Remember, hot air & tire, expands PSI...cold is reverse!  I hate the Temp part...mine is set at 10% higher than the Factory setting and at 147 degrees still set the alarm off in Texas during summer! POS.

On 6/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, manholt said:

If your travels are mostly in the NE, go with Ian.  

Remember, hot air & tire, expands PSI...cold is reverse!  I hate the Temp part...mine is set at 10% higher than the Factory setting and at 147 degrees still set the alarm off in Texas during summer! POS.

Many ? Most? TPMS have factory High Temp set to 158F  (70C)  I'm good with that and it should stop your false alarms, even in TX.

No idea who set your TPM High Temp to 135F range. Too cool especially for TX.

Tire Pressure changed about 2% for each change of 10F  You can see the math HERE.

https://www.rvtiresafety.net/2014/03/why-does-my-tire-loose-pressure-simple.html

I did a POST on my blog just on the topic of how I set my TPMS ( Low & High)  relative to my "cold set" pressure