chris021699

House Battery Replacement Recommendations

Looking to replace the house batteries on my 2013 Itasca 42e, I currently have the NAPA AGM Grouip 31 105AH batteries. What are you finding out there equivalent or better and  priced similar.

Chris, Welcome to the Forum.

I believe you mean chassis batteries. the AGM Group 31 is a 12 volt cranking battery NAPA has two different ones, a gel for $318.99and a commercial AGM for $326.99.

Herman 

I have 2 of the AGM's for chassis.  $412 for the pair ( my wife has a commercial acct.)  Just had my 8 house batteries replaced, $2,600+/- !

chris021699, welcome to the forum. 

Call your local Freightliner store. I was over at one near me and the parts store had original equipment Group 31AGM start battery's for $79.00 each.

Bill 

I know this thread is a month old... and the OP has not returned. But Winnebago/Itasca does use NAPA AGM 12v Commercial Deep Cycle batteries for HOUSE batteries. They generally use FLA batteries for their CHASSIS battery. So, I'd guess the OP was indeed talking about his house batteries.

The stock WBGO Class A house battery is the NAPA Commercial AGM 9837 Deep Cycle batteries. It's made by Eastern Penn. They retail for $325 or so each. They are a pretty good deep cycle battery. My Winnebago came with 4 of them because I have a residential fridge. If you have the RV fridge you only get two - in my Adventurer model, at least. I have 4-years on mine and they are still holding strong.

For AGM replacements I'd look at: FullRiver and Interstate - both are in the similar price range. Victron makes a 110ah Group 31 that sells for $280. A cheaper brand that has good reviews is the Renergy AGM at around $200 each.

It's hard to spend $350 each for four AGMs when you can buy 300ah of Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries now nearly the same price as 400ah of AGMs.