oldgrape

Considering Thor Tuscany 45LT or 45AT

Howdy. We have been researching floor plans of 42'+ coaches in the 2014 and up range. The Tuscany floor plan 45AT & 45LT are the ones we like. We are a little curious to what the counter top and table material is. Is it Corian or Formica? We have not been able to actually physically look at one yet. We should in the next two weeks. Also Thor coaches have taken a beating on a lot of forums over the last couple of years. We have not heard that much about the Tuscany line though. We met a couple owners of a 2014 and 2015 Tuscany and they said they loved their coaches with only minimal issues. So can you Tuscany owners weigh in? Are the newer ones (2017 & up) worse than the older ones? Are there any common issues you all seem to have? All comments are greatly appreciated.confused.gif

Coming from 30+ years of boating: if you like the Tuscany or any other major RV purchase GET A PPI from a reliable inspector. Have them inspect every system, review service records and I would even have an oil analysis performed on both motor and transmission. I once had a survey(PPI) performed on a 40 foot boat. $3000 for the inspection discovered something that would cost $40-$80k to repair. We have an ARIA 2021 and have a couple minor issues but no big deal.

About a year ago I took a look at the 45AT. This floor plan has a sliding door between the living area and the bedroom. As I was looking at this coach, I decided to close that sliding door, just to see how it looked. When the top of the sliding door touched the opposing wall, there was a 1-inch gap between the door and the wall at the bottom of the door!

I slid the door back open, exited the coach, and scratched this model off my list. If it’s that far out of square, I’m not interested.

Edited by f430040

Yes Quality is a problem all through the industry. Some are worse than others.

You might look at a better quality used coach. They may have worked all/most the problems out.

Bill