tireman9

Clean white "Drip Marks" off windshield

Most of the time my 2016 Class-C is under roof BUT the nose and front of the roof can get wet. If The RV is out of the "shed" the rain seems to be leaving whitish drip marks on the windshield where the water runs off the rubber roof. I can clean this stain off but it seems to take a lot of scrubbing. I have used Windex and other cleaners but I never seem to be able to get crystal clear windshield.  Anyone have a solution. It's like a deposit from the rubber roof as the roof material ages.

I have used the appropriate roof cleaner and protectent at least once a year.

Try using a mixture of 10% household ammonia 10% rubbing alcohol 80% distilled water for cleaning the windshield, and also scrub this substance and then dry with printed newspaper. DO NOT ADD CHLORINE BLEACH TO THE AMMONIA concoction. If any grease on the windshield, chewing tobacco will make the windshield spotless. Good luck on finding a solution to the roof white streaks, all of my past coaches had rubber roofs and the same results as yours.

I have this picture in my mind of Roger standing in front of his coach with a jaw full of tobacco spitting on the windshield.:P

I have used a Brillo Scrubbing Pads to clean stubborn  bugs and such off my windshield.

Herman

I used to carry plug chewing, (I neither dip, chew, or smoke) tobacco in the glove box, used it like a scrubbing pad, like I said, no more greasy windshield. In a real pinch, while raining at a heavy rate, Coca-cola shook up and spewed on the windshield will get you home without those greasy smears. But these remedies are not very effective on the white streaks, the ammonia and alcohol are.

Sounds like you're doing everything right. EPDM roof covering has a normal lifespan of at least 20 years. The white top coating does degrade with time and weather, even with your annual maintenance. The Dicor FAQ section has almost every Q&A one might encounter.

Edited by rayin

Yep, Coca Cola may work, but also try Bounce Dryer Sheets.  Wet window, clean with dryer sheets in sections and rinse off. Might ahve to use a brush with soapy water but usually the dryer sheet material will rinse off.  Use them on Telephone Bugs (Love Bugs) all over.  Call the telephone bugs because they are always hung up.

On 6/19/2021 at 5:52 AM, hermanmullins said:

I have this picture in my mind of Roger standing in front of his coach with a jaw full of tobacco spitting on the windshield.:P

I have used a Brillo Scrubbing Pads to clean stubborn  bugs and such off my windshield.

Herman

Naw, I don't spit.  I swallow.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:31 PM, rayin said:

Sounds like you're doing everything right. EPDM roof covering has a normal lifespan of at least 20 years. The white top coating does degrade with time and weather, even with your annual maintenance. The Dicor FAQ section has almost every Q&A one might encounter.

Thanks have sent question to Dicor. Will post their answer.

On 6/19/2021 at 11:51 PM, wayne77590 said:

Yep, Coca Cola may work, but also try Bounce Dryer Sheets.  Wet window, clean with dryer sheets in sections and rinse off. Might ahve to use a brush with soapy water but usually the dryer sheet material will rinse off.  Use them on Telephone Bugs (Love Bugs) all over.  Call the telephone bugs because they are always hung up.

Thanks for the suggestion.  As I prep for the drive to Gillette I will do a test of some different cleaning methods over on passenger side of windshield. If there are some different results I will try and post the comparison here.