rayin

Amazon is not always the best choice

Linda is prime and got it for $17.96...In case we get to go someplace this summer!

Guess the caveat here, is check the link!  

Buy new:
$17.96

List Price: $19.95 Details
Save: $1.99 (10%)

FREE delivery: Saturday, July 3
Order within 8 hrs and 17 mins Details

Me Too!

In Stock.

5 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

I went to the link you provided and I'm an Prime customer,  $17.96 and I get it tommoroow with free delivery from Amazon.

That''s for the deluxe version per the link, right? Or are you guys confused with standard edition and deluxe version?

Edited by rayin

8 minutes ago, rayin said:

That''s for the deluxe version per the link, right? Or are you guys confused with standard edition and deluxe version?

There are a few options on versions - the Deluxe is much nicer and easier to use, but it takes up more space to store and is more expensive.

That said, sometimes I'll put something in my cart on the Amazon site and let it sit there for a while, then the price magically drops. Other times I have to use the link they provide to see all options for buying it, as the one they present at first may not be the best deal.

Always good to compare Amazon prices with other vendors, as they can be much higher at times. 

Either you guys are pulling my leg or you need a remedial reading class. How did any of you purchase the deluxe version for $17.96- from anywhere? post a picture of your receipt please.

Edited by rayin

6 minutes ago, rayin said:

Either you guys are pulling my leg or you need a remedial reading class

:lol: Great response. 

Here is the the deluxe version on amazon;

image.thumb.png.65484a84f5f937ff81260b3809a7eef4.png

Edited by jleamont

1 minute ago, rayin said:

Thanks for the snapshot Joe, that is the same link I posted initially.

No, your link, I believe takes you to the regular version, not deluxe. 

12 minutes ago, jleamont said:

No, your link, I believe takes you to the regular version, not deluxe. 

My bad, I posted the wrong link, it should be https://www.amazon.com/McNally-Deluxe-Motor-Carriers-DELUXE/dp/0528024132/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=2022+Motor+Carriers'+deluxe+Road+Atlas+(Rand+McNally+Motor+Carriers'+Road+Atlas&qid=1625241564&s=books&sr=1-4

Now my reading and memory comprehension is called into question. Being old has its drawbacks.

IMO the foremost quality of the deluxe version is the ability to use and reuse felt markers on the laminated pages if desired.

Edited by rayin

17 minutes ago, rayin said:

IMO the foremost quality of the deluxe version is the ability to use and reuse felt markers on the laminated pages if desired.

Yes it didn't work so good when I used felt markers om my laptop in Google Maps.:P

Bill

Wayne would  that make it an etch-a-sketch?

Anyway, I have the $39.95 2022  Deluxe version motor carriers road atlas coming directly from the Rand McNally store. I'm pretty sure I can rely on it; can't say that about my RM RVND7 GPS, it hasn't updated the maps in 3 years now. I called RM tech support, no help there. I saw a blurp on the internet a few years ago that some company had bought RM and made a lot of changes.

I also have the RVND7 GPS, and finally got through to customer support only to find out that map updates for my unit are no longer supported. So eventually I think it will be time for a Garmin. All of these devices eventually become obsolete, though, regardless of brand….

—Tim C.