lericbell

Looking at 2011 Newmarket Essex 45’

Hello everyone!

I have been a member of FMCA for a couple years and have been lurking in the background trying to learn. My wife and I are retiring and looking for a motor home.

We found a 2011 Newmarket Essex on consignment with 95000 miles. Ran a car fax on it and see that it has had six different owners. Is this any reason for concern?

Also, we were expecting this year model to have a DEF system in it. It does not have DEF. Looked at the exhaust (500 hp Cummins) and do not see a particulate filter either. Could it be possible a prior owner removed the particulate filter? Would this be legal or cause problems down the line for a new owner?

We  are considering a full inspection including taking engine oil, tranny oil and coolant samples for analysis. The only service records available  go back to May 2019. I wish they went back to 2011.

By the way, the coach just completed a 1200 mile trip to the consignment dealer, so I guess that is a good sign if it made that trip w/o anything blowing up.

Any of your thoughts or advice would be welcome.

Thank you!

Only concern is 6 owners.  In regards to Particulate filter and DEF...what year is engine (get engine number & call Cummins 24 hour hot line)?  

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Welcome to the Forum.

This Coach wouldn't be at Motorhomes of Texas, would it? If so it is a nice looking coach.

Herman

Yes it is Herman. It just came in yesterday if that is the one you saw.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Only concern is 6 owners.  In regards to Particulate filter and DEF...what year is engine (get engine number & call Cummins 24 hour hot line)?  

Good advice. Did not know Cummins had that. Thank you manholt.

I took manholt’s advice and called Cummins. Lucky me. The Spartan chassis was built in 04/2010. The ISM Cummins engine was built in 06/2008 and was pre emission. So the engine never had the particulate system on it, which I prefer.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Our 2012 Newmar King Aire, we bought at MOT 3/05/2020. 🙃

King Aire’s very nice. Are you happy with it?

After test drive really like comfort  steer.🤔