C-929402

I need help with my Awning legs.

I have a Hymer Aktiv Class B and I am having trouble getting the legs down from my awning.  I press the awning button and extend the awning, but I can't get the legs down.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a secret to getting the legs loose from the awning?

C-929402, Welcome to the Forum.

I had no idea what a Hymer Aktiv Class "B" was.  I looked it up and see it is a German Coach. Can you send some pictures of the awning and make of awning  as Bill asked?

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins

Remember when MB had problems meeting US emission standards for their diesel engines?  That was the end of Hymer in America.  I think Roadtrek owned Hymer.

11 hours ago, C-929402 said:

Is there a secret to getting the legs loose from the awning?

Yes more info about the awning make and model will be helpful. In 35 years of RV'ing, I have yet to see a need for taking the legs loose from the awning. I have seen several that you could take the legs loose from the RV.

Its a Carefree Freedom LTD Awning!  Standard is manual, option is elect. awning is a roof box mount.

I took my RV to a repair shop and they showed me that I was not pulling hard enough on the latch.  It was plastic and I was afraid to pull to hard.  Once I learned how hard I had to pull, the legs came down and expanded easily.  I have been busy travelling this summer and have not been back on the website until now.