mullivan1

Flat towing a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 1/2 ton, recommendations please

We are new to towing and have a class a Thor.  Want to tow a 2012 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton.  Looking for base plate, tow bar and brake system.  The NSA Hercules looks pretty good. Does any one have other recommendations? Or things to look for? Thanks 

Which are you planning on towing, a GMC or a Subaru? You have posted the the same question about each.

If in fact you want to know about towing a GMC and it is 4 wheel drive, then the answer is YES. Over the past 9 years I have towed three different Chevrolet Pickups and a GMC Yukon. I used Blue Ox Tow Bar and Base Plates with a M & G air brake on each of them. I have been happy with this setup, Just purchased a new Blue Ox tow bar in Gillette.

Herman

I tow a 2013  Chevy Silverado 4x4. Everything you need to know about flat-towing your 2012 is in your trucks owner manual under recreational towing. The most important thing to remember is to make sure the transfer case shifting knob has the red N illuminated and transmission is in park after you are all hooked up.