weareontheGO

solar ideas?

wife and i are planning to retire in  october.  hitting the road in a 2002 alfa seeya.  we are planning to do mostly boondocking, so we need to add solar.  alter looking at videos, and talking to people, i am more confused than i started.  does anyone sell a complete kit, start to finish.  i can do the install, just need to know what to get. need to update the inverter and batterys to lithium.  any help would be appreciated.

14 hours ago, weareontheGO said:

wife and i are planning to retire in  october.  hitting the road in a 2002 alfa seeya.  we are planning to do mostly boondocking, so we need to add solar.  alter looking at videos, and talking to people, i am more confused than i started.  does anyone sell a complete kit, start to finish.  i can do the install, just need to know what to get. need to update the inverter and batterys to lithium.  any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

you can Google  High Quality Solar power sources. This should give you a good start on the size and parts kits to install the required system you hope to build !

Rich.

16 hours ago, weareontheGO said:

need to update the inverter and batterys to lithium.  any help would be appreciated.

The inverter will work on which ever type battery you have or choose, assuming that is a 12 volt system. The inverter will either be a MSW (modified syne wave) or (pure syne wave). PSW for what is worth is a better choice than MSW because PSW will run most any appliance, while MSW is more pickey. Lithium batteries are great but are still very expensive.

I have been investigating solar options since I found my 98 Class C in AUG. Contact SohoSolarKits,com. I explained what I was looking for what my needs were and Alex helped me choose a portable powered solar generator kit that was right for me.  The Bluetti  Fit my needs and will double as a backup Generator when I am back home in PA. It is a learning curve but the have a life time tec support that I am sure will make Alex and I best friends.

On 7/26/2021 at 5:52 PM, weareontheGO said:

Look at JC Refrigeration in Shipshewana, IN. Small town near Elkhart, IN. They do solar and refrigeration. Good people.