I've have had issues with my slides and steps as well as flashers and turn signals. How it all started it seems was when I broke down in Effingham, IL. It wouldn't start and a got a new starter. Whatever caused the starter to go out burnt out a place on the board in front of the steering wheel. The mechanic then put a switch to operate the slides and steps separate from the board. They did work. But I didn't like that thinking this could cause issues with hooking up to a 50 amp source because this board could be very important.  I don't know. So I bought a new board from Newmar, and the mechanic installed it. As a result the turn signals didn't work but the slide and steps did. I didn't realize that till I was driving away to St. Louis. So, got home. Found the flasher unit was laying down in the front cabinet in the engine area. Put is back in and the flashes and turn signals work. The slide and steps stopped working. I don't know what to do. I don't even know if I need something from Spartan, Newmar or ???? Thanks. 

Flash, would help to know, where are you located?

3 separate systems.  Spartan, Newmar and HWH or Lipper.  The 50A is not going to hurt anything....what is the DC voltage on house batteries and engine batteries? 

I got the slides to work, lol, needed to push the battery connect button. My excuse? newbie and very bad head cold. Still no luck on the Kwikee steps. any help here would be deeply appreciated in the foggy state that I am in. ; ) 

Thanks Rayin. I am wondering if there is a power disconnect somewhere along the line. The mechanic I mentioned at the top had put a switch that bypassed the board. I just don't know where that power starts at to get to the steps to see it is came loose or what. They were working just a few days ago and then pppphhh. No more. No rain, no movement, all I did was reinstall the relay of the flashers. 

As Carl said, you are working with the 12V system when operating the slides and steps, it does not involve shore power for this discussion. You may safely re-install that manual switch. This does not solve the problem though, it's a work-around.

Inspect the steps wiring diagram in that training manual for your model step backwards to the coach wiring to find your power source. My MH is likely totally different, but my step is directly wired to the chassis battery so it works even when the "salesman switch" is open.