Flash7481

Puzzled with water and slide awning

Getting ready for a trip I was filling my water tank from the house and all of a sudden water started pouring from the slide awning/roof. I have a "restricter" for psi on the house faucet. I'm puzzled as to where that would be coming from and why. It has never done it before. I felt in the cabinets for water, but I don't really believe there are hoses up there. Literally, from the awning??? Ideas. It's like some pressure someplace is pushing the water somewhere but not inside, outside the unit. Which I guess is a blessing in disguise. I have a 2000 Newmar, Mountain Aire. 

EF7EF8C8-0D1C-42B5-A298-9A085456D5CD.jpeg

7B94CEE6-75A6-4CFE-A0C3-ACC52CF7962D.jpeg

EF1AE1EE-E26B-4C4D-836F-939397E86DD5.jpeg

Possibly some water was pooled either on the slide or the slide awning. The weight from filling the water tank may have caused the RV to lean just enough to cause the pooled water to move. As I said just a possibility.

I wonder if you have the bypass valve turned to fill the tank and it is filling it to the top and sending it out the roof vent.  

2 hours ago, sundancev said:

I wonder if you have the bypass valve turned to fill the tank and it is filling it to the top and sending it out the roof vent.  

I have never seen a roof vent for a fresh water tank,  there is an overflow for fresh water, but it usually is through the floor of the water compartment. You don't fill the grey or black tank with a bypass valve. The roof vent is for the black and grey tanks. Bypass valve shouldn't be a mystery, it is for bypassing the freshwater system in the RV, in order to fill the freshwater tank, when the tank is full, it should returned to the normal flow through the system.

Kay is correct. The overflow drain for the fresh water is open and will not only overflow when the water is to high but will be the pressure relief so a vacuum is not created.

I like the analogy of water pooled on the slide topper. Running the slide in should let the water roll off the topper, then extend it again and try the fresh water fill again.

Well how much is showing on the tank gage? 

6 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

I like the analogy of water pooled on the slide topper. Running the slide in should let the water roll off the topper, then extend it again and try the fresh water fill again.

The only way to git fresh water on the roof would be hooking up to the "black tank flush" then it wouldn't be to fresh.

Something to do before putting the slides in is to raise one end of the coach to drain any water off the tops of the slides. My last coach taught me to do that. If you put the slides in and it tipped down in the front it would pore water down over you in the drivers seat. It was always cold.:P

Bill

Last time it happened to me, was slush and water on Linda's side....slides was in, Linda was driving & stopped to leave RV park, I got it down the neck!!!  Has never happened again!!!

As Kay originally said.

Are you positive your water hose was not connected to the black tank flush??? To the best of my knowledge there are no water lines near the ceiling of any RV. There are only vapor vents on the roof from holding tanks.