Orrin

Where does the vacuum pump live?

I need to replace the vacuum pump on my 2002 HR Ambassador.  I think I have found a replacement for Vueriks in Grand Rapids, MI.  I can't find mine and looking at starting to take stuff apart.  Do any of you know where it is located?  The line is missing so I can't trace it.

Thanks

Orrin and Linda

Orrin, I just goggled it...not cheap.  A/C or Heater or both a kit is $303 to $707, whole unit is up to $2000+!

Herman, your correct.

Thanks everyone.  Yes it does power the blend air doors in the chassis a/c unit. I am trying to find out where it is located in MC before I start taking things apart.  

56 minutes ago, Orrin said:

Thanks everyone.  Yes it does power the blend air doors in the chassis a/c unit. I am trying to find out where it is located in MC before I start taking things apart.  

Very common point of failure. If it turns on take a line off of it and see if you can stick your finger to the port (suction). I’ve heard them run but not pull vacuum before, don’t get fooled. 

My mechanic is great. He informed me that my vacuum pump is a venturi operated of the air system and triggered by a solenoid whose fuse was blown. Took him an hour to find it but just a fuse.  That I was not expecting.

I bought him a bottle of good Scotch.

He will be finishing up the installation of the a/c condenser this week.  We could not find the original condenser so ordered something similar and he is fabricating new mountings for it.  Good tech, since he does not particularly like working on motor homes,  I am not going to share his name and address at his request.