willbeeind

How Good is the Franklin T9 Hotspot from FMCA?

I just initiated my FMCA Tech Connect plan this week and the hotspot I recieved is the Franklin T-9. Reviews I have seen on it are lukewarm. Has anyone else been using this on the FMCA plan? How is the performance? In particular we are interested in reception in fringe areas. Unfortunately it does not have antenna connectors. When I called in they said we'd get the Mifi 8000 but that didn't happen. Thanks!

I received my Sprint hotspot late last summer.  So far, it's outperformed my previous Verizon hotspot and there is no throttling at all.  I'm very happy I made the switch.  Over the winter, I put it on hold and the bill dropped to $14/month.  When I was ready to begin using it again, it was ready to go too.  It has two small ports on the bottom that I plug a passive antenna in.  The ports aren't called antenna ports but my reception has been better with this device than I'd experienced with the Verizon device.  There is no carrier that has universal coverage.  No matter which one you have, there are going to be some dead spots.  For those places the Sprint device doesn't work, I can turn on the "hotspot" option on my phone to get by.  I may switch one of our phones to AT&T but I've had terrible experiences with their Asian customer service in the past and am very reluctant to put myself in the position of needed to deal with them again.  Your mileage may differ.

Just in case someone looks at this topic in the future, I will provide an update. I got in touch with FMCA, and they are sending me the Inseego MIfi 8000 hotspot as expected, and I will return the Franklin T9. They said in the future it would need to be changed out for the Mifi 2000 which is 5G compatible, but at least I have a higher end hotspot for a while. As always, it is good to work with the capable support persons at FMCA. 

So I just joined and signed up for the Sprint MiFi and 'assumed' I would be receiving the MiFI 2000...is this not true? (8/12/2021)

Update: I did a IM chat with FMCA and they said most likely I'd get the MiFi 8000, I told them I didn't want THAT. I signed up specifically to get the MiFi 2000. The chat line went dead...finally I asked if there was a number I could reach FMCA at, and they sent it.  Gave FMCA a call, spoke to a very nice lady, she IM'd the support techs who came back and said, "they ran out of the 2000's but he was 92% sure that I would get the 2000 as an order just came in.".

So...fingers crossed. I will either get it Saturday or Monday and I'll report back.

Edited by Paul Mooter