aquarianagecoming

Switch Wiring 93 Monaco Dynasty, Roadmaster...

I have 135 pages of wiring diagram that mostly works for my coach... but I can not figure out which wires go where on these switches.

Repairman "A" may have pulled them when working on the replacing the Step.

Repariman "B" CERTAINLY pulled them all off and wired up the Battery Cutoff switch with the wrong wires. He found his mistake upon the next service call and I believe that the battery cutoff is now wired correctly.

I want to have my lights and step working correctly and I want to put this all back together. AND I don't want the same repairman compounding his mistakes, lol.

I see that the double Orange labelled "8" is HOT

The Green wire labelled "3" is HOT

Gray is Neutral or ground

Orange #7 is Neutral or ground

Black are Neutral or ground

I will upload the pics I have of the wires and switches and also upload the wiring diagram or put a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vulgab5j4lhko4d/_92_Dynasty_Wiring_Diag.pdf/file

I don't think I can upload the 135 page pdf...

Thanks in Advance for Any help,

Doug Z

IMG_5622.JPG

IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5626.JPG

Doug, good luck tracing this out, the manual isn't very informative as to what wires go to where. The two orange that have constant voltage should be wired to the porch and handle/stepwell. Check orange #7 for voltage with the coach keyswitch on, it hot then, it should be the step.

Edited by kaypsmith

Doug, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

It is a copy of the switch drawing for a 2005 Monaco chassis and it is close to what you have on your Coach. 

It offers the wire colors and a drawing of switches used, that are very close to the pictures you posted.

Secondly the picture of the black disk you posted is a circuit breaker rated at 80 amps. I have not located the Data Sheet for them yet, but they appear to still be on the market, although a bit on the pricey side.

I Hope this Picture helps, keep me in the loop!

Rich.

IMG_0023.JPG

Hey All,

Thank YOU so much!! I thought I'd give it a shot. And this wiring from dickandlois could really help. I'm gonna print that out and see what I can make of it. Also, Thank You, you are 100% correct on the circuit breaker... I have some new ones now.

Thanks KayP, that is what I was thinking... I'm going to sit down with the voltmeter and figure out what's what with and without the ign switch turned on.

I really appreciate everyone's help and will come back with solutions and look for others' to help. 😉

I included a pic of the front living room... We love color and cozy so.....

IMG_5621_2.JPG

bad Circuit breaker.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

CozyCoach.jpg

I hope you solve your electrical issue.

I noticed in your cozy living room that there doesn't appear to be a seat for the co-pilot.

Also I see the aluminum sheet to block the heat. If your have double pane windows I hope you don't use it on them. The reflected heat will cause the air between the glass to expand and blow the seals.

Herman

Good eye Herm,

the co-pilot chair is in storage and I'm looking for someone to do upholstery on it... It's so nice without it for the time being - we have a spot through winter so we don't need it for a little while....

Good tip on the double pane windows!! Mine are single pane. I am re-covering the window "valances/boxes", but they WILL be reinstalled for privacy, darkness, temp retention. Wouldn't it be cool to replace with double pane that can go dark and opaque with the touch of a button!

We had a tough early summer of trying to get A/C replaced... we had the reflectors in the windows and I bought a room portable A/C that saved our beans in those 100 deg days. I have put TWO new Coleman-Mach 3 -15k btu... the 866 models. They MOVE some air and chill this Rig right down but I KNOW they won't last like the old units. And I'm at least 4" taller now too. lol.

Put the new shower fixtures in too...

The GREEN wire is hot constantly but is most definitely coming from the Chassis battery. I know cuz it is at 12.4 V along with my Chassis battery at the same time.

The ORANGE wire is at 13.08V and that is consistent with my HOUSE batt's and the float charger operating

There is NO CHANGE when the key is hot at ANY of the wires! So I may have another weird problem. I currently have my step completely unplugged as I suspected it was causing some issues. (when the new one was installed, it kicked off ALL my electrical problems in May)

The above wiring diagram seems correct for my Cut-Off, tryin to figure out Step, Handle and Porch. I will plug the step back in and check my Voltimeter again on all wires with and without ignition on.