skykingtcb

Upgrade recommendations please

After three years and lots of $ fixing every little thing on my  2003 Monaco Diplomat 40 DST. We have even been four trips with nothing to fix when we got home. Now considering buying something late model. So now looking for almost or new Class A pusher 40ft or less, king bed a must, like 1 1/2 bath. Any of your advice is appreciated.

I think that to get a bath and a half model with a king bed you will need to go to a 42' tag axle. We looked for a 39 or 40' with a bath and a half and didn't find much that suited our needs even though there are only a few out there.

I could be wrong.

Edited by sstgermain

Newmar has 1 ½  baths and king bed under 40 ft.  Ventana 3709, Kountry Star 3709.  Google Newmar Brochures Archives and it has all the brochures from 1982-2020.

Unless you love spending money on fixing things, keep what you got.

When your happy with what you have and not looking for a new to you rig, that's when you find it.

15 hours ago, skykingtcb said:

After three years and lots of $ fixing every little thing on my  2003 Monaco Diplomat 40 DST. We have even been four trips with nothing to fix when we got home. Now considering buying something late model. So now looking for almost or new Class A pusher 40ft or less, king bed a must, like 1 1/2 bath. Any of your advice is appreciated.

Well if you want new I recommend talking to NIDRVC https://www.nirvc.com/Sales?start=0&fq=status%3AAvailable 

Bill

Just when everything is fixed/ repaired/replaced start thinking about buying something else to fix/repair/replace. Logical?

Ray, he has no Particulate filter and no DEF, may not even have GER....WOW, wish I had that problem!  We have friends that are stuck in a camp ground, waiting on a new DEF head for 2 months now....2019 Entegra Cornerstone 45'.

I'd agree that this may not be the best time to buy something. If what you have has had the wrinkles worked out, it might be a good idea to hold onto it, at least until the market settles down from the pandemic RV buying craze. My guess is that within a year or two we'll start seeing a glut of used rigs entering the market.

I do think it is a good time to trade up. He can get a much better price for his current rig and still get a decant price on a new one. For example some people I know who are RV Texas Y'all, you tube channel, who just traded up. https://www.youtube.com/c/Rvtexasyall/videos.

I think they got good price (as good as any outher time for a custom ordered coach) and sold their old coach for what they payed for it. 

Bill