rfsod48

US Southern Border

To all my Texas friends, we are returning to Corpus Christi this December for the winter and I was wondering about the safety of the area this year. In past years we have not had concerns but with the high influx of undocumented and illegal border crossings this year will we have trouble? Has covid increased in that area? Is the government placing these undocumented persons in this area? Thanks for any heads up you give! This is not meant to be a political comment, just a question about safety.

Roland

On 8/13/2021 at 11:11 AM, rfsod48 said:

To all my Texas friends, we are returning to Corpus Christi this December for the winter and I was wondering about the safety of the area this year. In past years we have not had concerns but with the high influx of undocumented and illegal border crossings this year will we have trouble? Has covid increased in that area? Is the government placing these undocumented persons in this area? Thanks for any heads up you give! This is not meant to be a political comment, just a question about safety.

Roland

Roland. Your post has been up for over 23 hours with no response. I suspect it’s because a few people got their hands slapped for bringing this subject up in another post in the last couple of days. The excuse the “moderator “ used to close the thread was that it was too political to state the facts of what is going on down here. I have property near the border and I can tell you that it’s worse than I have ever seen it. I no longer feel safe visiting any border town.  Plus, I hear a significant number of illegal migrants have Covid-19. I had a Border Patrol agent tell me personally that the people coming across for the last couple of years are mostly drug smugglers or cartel members, not just people seeking a better life. Americans who live outside of this area just don’t understand how bad it is.  There it is.  And not one political overtone!

Corpus might be OK but I wouldn’t chance any Rio Grande Valley location.

Don

Thanks guys for answering! We will stay at Aransas Pass and just be happy in that area. We usually go to Castroville near San Antonio for a month but this time we will skip that. We will take the usual precautions.

Our particular city, Texas City, does not have any RV Parks but there are plenty of them in all the towns/cities surrounding us. If you enjoy water sports there is plenty of water around.  The Texas City Dike is  a good place to go but on the weekends in the summer they charge $10 per vehicle and $20 on holiday weekends.  There is a very long beach there, plus cabanas.

There are boat ramps and they are free. People bring their jet skis and there is an area of the seawall away from the beach area for water sailing or power gliding.

At this time, we are at a place in Live Oak County!  We feel safe here, about half way between San A., and CC.  It's our 3 ac and house.  

I learned 50+ years ago that "Dead eye" Don, knew all about Texas....listen to him!

To answer your questions about " Has covid increased in that area? Is the government placing these undocumented persons in this area?"  At this time, covid has increased everywhere, including Texas. Your question about are the undocumented being placed in this area really can't be definitively answered because the majority of the migrants are being dispersed by the catholic charities. Where they're being dispersed is anybody's guess because catholic charities is providing bus or plane tickets to wherever they want to go and nobody keeps any records of their destinations. My church was working closely with catholic charities in San Antonio until we found out what they were doing and we stopped supporting them.

Last weeks numbers for my county for new cases is equal to January, 2021 numbers.   

Like Don stated, these are the facts and the numbers are published by the Public Health Dept of the counties. 

What scares me is I have 5 friends diagnosed in the past 2 days, 5 friends in July and I had only 2 friends diagnosed prior to this time. 

Edited by elkhartjim