grtooth

Slow Cooking while driving

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere we can use our slow cooker while driving between destinations ...I 'think' I just need to plug into our inverter, correct?  have any reservations of taking points please?

Another option is to get a thermal cooker. They function much like a slow cooker but they don't need to be on he heat all the time. You bring the food up to temp, insert into the thermal carrier, and then let it be. The thermal cooker will hold at the proper temp for hours, and when you get to your destination you can either bump up the temp again on the stove if needed for a little longer thermal cook time, or just serve and enjoy.

Using a thermal cooker while driving would not require inverter or generator use.

Instant pot! When I get there I can cook it. Example: Ribs - 30 minutes, pork butt 50 minutes, etc.  For lunch, sandwiches. Or, when we get there the 22" griddle.

Instant Pot is also a slow cooker, easier to put in sink and has a lid.

You may have to use an old style that doesn’t have electronic controls that do not play well with msw inverters. We have found that on inverter, crock pots cook a little hotter, so you may have to set back to low or warm sooner than you would on shore power. 

Slow cookers are great for traveling (south) in the winter.  It cooks all day, makes the coach smell great....and is ready to eat when we get to our destination.  That's what the inverter is for.