skykingtcb

All Electric

I will soon own a all electric coach with a residential frig. Until my recent search to buy a new coach didn't even all electric in rv existed. On the surface it sounds like a good idea.  I am a little concerned while traveling will frig stay cold.

Any opinions?

Couple of thoughts...

For power while driving, check to see if the new coach is set up to charge the house batteries from the engine's alternator. If so, you should have no problem keeping the battery bank charged and topped off even while running the fridge from the inverter.

If you plan to boondock, either on the way to your destination or as your destination, you should check on the capacity of the house battery bank. Sometimes they only install the minimal capacity battery bank to get you going, and if you plan to boondock it's necessary to add more capacity. Some coach provide enough space to do this easily, on others you have to be creative.

Another thing you can explore to help lengthen the boondocking time without need for generator is solar.

In the end, it's all a math game. Calculate the watts you're using over a given time period and then make sure you have enough in reserve or a good way to get them. 

Lots to consider, and lots to enjoy. Congrats on the new rig!

7 hours ago, skykingtcb said:

You had me at cold ice cream

Yes!! Ours in very cold, never mushy. As mentioned above its all about planning. If you have an automatic generator start/stop option then the planning gets easier. Should you forget while boondocking the coach has your back. 

Joe is right automatic generator start/stop option is a good feature it is even helpful during a hurricane so you don't loose power if your battery's get low.:o

Bill