jtlobo

Speakers inside RV

I have a 2020 Jayco Allante class a motorhome. We cannot hear the radio when we are traveling because the engine is too noisy and the speakers are in the middle of the coach. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there any ideas on how to get speakers that we can actually hear the radio while we’re traveling.

Check to see if there any speaker control switches that may direct sound to front speakers. Or if no speakers you may want to add some. If you do add speakers, don't forget about blue tooth speakers, with a little ingenuity, they can be set up almost anywhere.

If the radio is dash mounted, there is likely a way to direct sound towards the front like kaypsmith is saying. May not be a 'switch' per se on a newer rig though, but rather a setting in the radio itself. Poke around on the different setting screens looking for a radio setting called "fade" or something similar. It should allow you to direct the sound forward and back. It works similar to balance which directs sounds left and right.

Thnk you. I was able to find front speakers with fade button. I am a bit deaf even with hearing aided, but at least now my husband can hear it well enough to understand the words. 

I have a Itasca Suncruiser 38T 2006 it has a surround sound system but I can't seem to figure out how it works. I did everything that the manual said to do. The manual is from Winnebago. I had changed out the TV with a smart TV and hooked it up like the old TV but nothing

12 hours ago, KimberlyJohn said:

I have a Itasca Suncruiser 38T 2006 it has a surround sound system but I can't seem to figure out how it works. I did everything that the manual said to do. The manual is from Winnebago. I had changed out the TV with a smart TV and hooked it up like the old TV but nothing

Welcome to the forum. I would go into the TV and see if there is a setting for external speakers.

Bill

23 hours ago, KimberlyJohn said:

Gonna need more information to help you on this one...

What kind of new smart TV? What type of hookups/connections did you use to make the connection to your existing sound system?

What kind of surround sound system are you using?