mareid99

Camper too old

Looking to buy another camper again, I had a Classic GMC Canyon Land, then a new tear drop Little Guy Max (loved it but it was too small) and now I am looking into a Class A, my question is are the camp grounds sticking (enforcing) to the no older than 15 years old or 10 years old? Hope to have a new to me camper before Mach of next year. Thoughts and comments appreciated.

I have never been to a campground that asks for registration to verify year. Mine is a 2010 and have never been questioned. When someone asks the year when making a reservation I tell them it is newer than that.

99 Welcome to the Forum. 

Sometimes parks may ask for picture if the unit is over 10 years old. Our coach is 19 years old and I have never been asked the year. I can understand the reasoning behind the request but I have seen 30 year old unit that are in better condition then some 5 year old units. 

So again welcome, 

Herman 

Thank you Herman, when I had my 1973 GMC RV, in the early 2000's it wasn't an issue. But as I look around at various RV parks out west and here on the east coast. I've seen their websites and thought I see what other have experienced. I did work for a KOA one summer and they didn't enforce the age restriction.

We travel in a 1974 Custom Coach conversion. Never been denied entry due to age. Of course, we're also not trying to get into exclusive luxury resort RV parks. Mostly we like to stay in smaller mom & pop campgrounds and the occasional KOA. Never a problem.

Up until february this year, i had a 1989 Southwind, and before that, a 1991 Allegro bay.  Never had any problems at any campground with older coaches.

I have been camping in Class A's since 1967, never has been an issue!  Most folks, in a RV Park or not, can't begin to tell what year a coach is...keep it clean, no fluid leaks and running.

Once a desk clerk asked if our MH was new, I replied "it was once" she never responded, just pushed a registration form to me. It's all about appearance.

Edited by rayin

On 8/23/2021 at 9:04 PM, rayin said:

Once a desk clerk asked if our MH was new, I replied "it was once" she never responded, just pushed a registration form to me. It's all about appearance.

:lol: Love it!! 

We have stayed at several places with a 10 year rule and we were well beyond the 10 year age. They all asked for pictures, no issues after that. We stayed and enjoyed! 

Pretty sure the vast majority use the rule for the " just in case" situation. We are currently in a RV Class A only "resort" They have the rule but also general appearance rules as well. There are a number of older coaches but well cared for. A couple older Marathons and Prevost. 

Marathon is a Prevost bus conversion company  in Oregon....a few  others would be Liberty, Featherlight, Outlaw, Millennium and Fortravel 

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Marathon is a Prevost bus conversion company  in Oregon....a few  others would be Liberty, Featherlight, Outlaw, Millennium and Fortravel 

I frequently travel down I-5 and pass right by the Marathon factory. I can only dream of owing one of them when I hit the lottery.

Jim