metrozoe

Bracket and Hoist for Spare on '99 Winnebago Adventurer

Hi,

I need some advice on rehanging the spare under my Winnebago (‘99 Adventurer 35’ with a Ford Chassis). The previous owner tossed out most of the hanger hardware, leaving me with just the hoist (the gear assembly) and the tire hoist bracket (pics are below). It's been stored inside under the bed but I want it out. There is also something I can’t figure out with it - the tire bracket doesn’t seem to work since it is not wide enough for the hole in the hub (see picture). (And yes, I am committed to keeping the the fully mounted spare.)

So all that said, should I

1. rebuild the old system by buying parts even though I’m not sure how to make the bracket span the hub, or 
  2. just toss out what I have and install an aftermarket hoist with bracket and etc to make a completely new system? If you think this is the way to go, I’d appreciate a brand recommendation. 

You can see the diagram and the old hoist and bracket.

Thanks for any help with this!

-Mark

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1443.jpg

You've got almost everything needed to put back in place. To make the tire hoist bracket work just get a piece of channel long enough to span the hub center with enough extra length so that it doesn't fall through, this can be bolted through the elongated holes in the present one. More bolts to bolt the hoist back in place, either order a new handle or use a rod the correct diameter to fabricate another one. All you have to do is to crank the cable down to lower the tire or up to raise it.

Edited by kaypsmith

On 8/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, kaypsmith said:

You've got almost everything needed to put back in place. To make the tire hoist bracket work just get a piece of channel long enough to span the hub center with enough extra length so that it doesn't fall through, this can be bolted through the elongated holes in the present one. More bolts to bolt the hoist back in place, either order a new handle or use a rod the correct diameter to fabricate another one. All you have to do is to crank the cable down to lower the tire or up to raise it.

Thanks Kay,

I appreciate the advice. I'll just head into it then.  [And sorry it took me a bit to reply. I thought I had set up my account to get alerts when someone answers my post! I'm sure I'll find the info is here somewhere....]

-Mark

On 8/24/2021 at 7:21 PM, wildebill308 said:

Welcome to the forum.

I think Kay has the plan.

Bill

Thanks, Bill!

On 8/27/2021 at 6:44 PM, wildebill308 said:

Mark, When you type in the dialog box to answer or make a post. At the bottom left corner should be a tab it says "Notify me of replies".

Bill

Thanks. I sorted it out in my overall preferences at the account level. Now it’s working.

On 8/28/2021 at 7:07 AM, manholt said:

Mark, Welcome to the Forum! 

Hey, thanks for the welcome!