Dljbass

Disc brake upgrade

I am investigating upgrading to Disc Brakes.  Does anyone have a recommendation as to the best place to have this done?  We live in Rochester NY but travel often, so any recommendations are welcome!

We had ours done with MORryde in Elkhart, IN. at the same time we added independent suspension. Love the improved stopping.  

On 9/2/2021 at 9:18 AM, Dljbass said:

I am investigating upgrading to Disc Brakes.  Does anyone have a recommendation as to the best place to have this done?  We live in Rochester NY but travel often, so any recommendations are welcome!

Welcome to the forum. Depending on your ability's it might be doable yourself. There are several You tube vireo's about doing various upgrades. 

I didn't notice any big RV shops when I was in Rochester a couple months ago sorry.

Bill

I saw you tuber Changing Lanes do the Moryde brakes and independent suspension, with some before and after rides.  It seems like a great upgrade.

I just Received Quote from MoRyde in Elkhart and Precision Trailer Braking. Both within a couple hundred dollars of each other for my tri axle. PTB will come to you. Unsure if MoRyde has mobile tech. Looking forward to getting them done 

On 10/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, Gregcass said:

We had ours done with MORryde in Elkhart, IN. at the same time we added independent suspension. Love the improved stopping.  

I had both IS and disc brakes done by them and heartily endorse the change.

I realize that this topic is several years old!  I only just now discovered it!  I am assuming this topic is disc brakes on a fifth wheel.  Personally I don’t see the advantage! I tow with a Ford F250 diesel. I had slotted and drilled (bored) discs replacing the OEM discs!  I have done this for all my drive vehicles over the last 15 or 20 years!   This makes a huge difference!  I have not had any issues with the trailer stopping!   I do recommend the Moryde suspension, but have not found the wet bolts are any improvement! 

Edited by dshipp28