skykingtcb

Windshield Sun Shade

I have searched windshield Sun Shades,  only found one that uses magnets and one that uses a small latch. Not wanting to put any holes in my coach or scratch my windshield. Any opinions please ? 

Yes, Magna Shade. We have used one for about 10-12 years. Easy to setup without a ladder. They include a telescopic rod to push the top edge up to the highest magnets. 

Another vote for Magne Shade.  On our previous coach I had Magne Shades on the windshield, and the drivers, passengers, a small side window and a custom shade for tall double windows on the side.  I now have MS tire covers.  BTW, this is the correct spelling.😄

https://magneshade.com/

The magnets on the inside are held in place by 3M double back tape. It takes two people to set them up, one on the inside and one on the outside.  Once set up Magna Shade can be installed by one person from the ground. A great product and back by the company.

They tell you in the instructions that the magnets are very powerful.  That could be an understatement.  You do not want to put two of them close together in your hand. Please don't ask me how I know.

Edited by wayne77590
Warning

1 hour ago, wayne77590 said:

The magnets on the inside are held in place by 3M double back tape. It takes two people to set them up, one on the inside and one on the outside.  Once set up Magna Shade can be installed by one person from the ground. A great product and back by the company.

They tell you in the instructions that the magnets are very powerful.  That could be an understatement.  You do not want to put two of them close together in your hand. Please don't ask me how I know.

Mine didn’t use tape. I did my own installation, but procedure may have changed. Another person held the shade in position and I placed the magnets on the inside making sure the screen was tight. The kit to install included a cleaner to be sure glass was ultra clean. I marked the position of all the magnets then removed one at a time. Using supplied quick setting glue placed the magnet back in position. I continued the process until all magnets were glued on. 

Magne Shade may have templates for your RV. They had my windshield but not the side window. I cut heavy brown craft paper to create a template and mailed to them. The screens were a perfect fit 

The only problem I have had was that I knocked one of the magnets off the side slide window. They had given me a spare. Glued it on and have been using for at lest 5 years since. 

While they may seem to be expensive, they are well worth the price. Sun screens in the inside do very little to reduce the heat load. Once the sunlight passes through the windshield, the light is changed to heat and doesn’t pass back out. 

Tried buying the magna shade at Gillette guess 

I didn’t look rich enough or serious enough owner blew me off when I tried asking him to purchase one looks like a good product not for me 

keith 

I don't know who you talked to, Keith.  MS is known for great customer service.  I had one tire cover that didn't quite fit, they immediately sent me a new one, no questions asked.  Also sent me two new carrying bags when I mentioned one had torn.

keithl, It don't pass the smell test.  The owner and inventor is, Roger and Clare Hunckler of Hunckler LLC a multi million dollar a year company in 70 countries.  Headquarters in NC and I met him at a Winter FMCA Rally in Lebanon, Tenn. in 2002 or 03.  Roger started MS in 1996 for the sole purpose of giving Featherlight Bus Conversion something special that the others didn't have!

On 9/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, rossboyer said:

The only problem I have had was that I knocked one of the magnets off the side slide window. They had given me a spare. Glued it on and have been using for at lest 5 years since. 

Are the side window magnets mounted inside like the front shade or are they on the outside?  If they are on the outside, how much do they stick out?

For my motor home I have onle installed one side window by the driver. Since half of the window is a slider, half is outside and half inside. The outside one is about 1 inch to keep the screen level with the other half. 

none of the sceens are on when driving so they are not a problem.