Sign in to follow this  
HMCSW

Slide issue

Hi: The passenger side slide has an issue. When it retracts the most forward edge pulls up against the body of the coach but then moves away slightly. Enough to be able to push my finger through the seal. The rear edge is fine, the front is about 3/8 to 1/2 inch further out than the rear. It is a LCI. Thanks for any suggestions.

Like Herman said, it would help to know the type of system as each one is different.
Also, give LCI a call. They have been helpful to me on the phone.

2021 Thor Aria: electric LCI motors. Like I said it comes to rest a little further out on the front edge. Maybe 1/2 more than the rear end. It comes in tight but then backs off. Thanks: Wayne: help out a US Navy Corpsman( severed with 1st Marines, 3rd tanks, and 175mm Self propelled -- still don't eat apricots.

Edited by HMCSW

Ha ha!

Okay, extend the slide all the way out. Once it stops continue to hold the extend button for a minimum of 5 seconds.  You may hear the motor(s) continue to purr for a few seconds.  Holding it longer than 5 seconds is okay.

Bring the slide in and when it stops continue to hold the button for5+ seconds. Check your seal.  Repeat one more time if it is not tight. If that doesn't fix it, I'd call Lippert.

============
From an email:

Here is what they don’t tell you in the manual or when you buy an RV with Lippert controllers for power gear (electric) or Schwintek slides.

Never stop one and change directions as it messes up the memory. Always go full out or full in. If you have to stop make sure you continue in the same direction.

When extending or retracting, when the slide stops continue to hold the switch in that position for 5 seconds or longer. This keeps the motors aligned in memory. 

The memory program works on RPM’s and if one is at 98rpms and the other motor is at 100 it will only get worse and will require re-learning

==============

It may require relearning - a subject I'd have to research again.

Edited by wayne77590