skykingtcb

Fuel Discount

I started my app got the TCS fuel card. When I got to the wanting my tax id info, thought I should ask on here. It sounds like a good deal but not familR with TCS What are your experiences with the card?

Experience so far has been good.  Most of the major truck stops accepts the card, and why wouldn't they since it comes out of your bank account immediately.  Like the fact that I get and e-mail follow up on the account status and discounts shown from my purchase.  You will like it.

Eww...   I just used Pilot without scanning and ended up getting soaked for $3.35, according to the settlement.

Falling out of love with my TDS EFS card. Starting to be as useful as a whistle on a plow.

I just used TSD EFS about 50 miles at a Love's and the pump price was $177 and my invoice price was $164 so I saved $14 with the TSD EFS card.

Use their Open Roads App and find stations along the route that use TSD.

2 hours ago, andyshane said:

Eww...   I just used Pilot without scanning and ended up getting soaked for $3.35, according to the settlement.

Falling out of love with my TDS EFS card. Starting to be as useful as a whistle on a plow.

Pilot stopped giving discounts about a year ago due to their contract with good Sam.  If you use the TSD EFS app Open Roads,  you will know the discounted price prior to fueling. 

So, Andy let me be shure I understand this. You bought fuel without using a discount card and you can't understand why you didn't save any money? 

I used my EFS card at a Loves on I-71 in Ten. today. Pump price was $3.489 (that was cheap after being in Pa and NY.) Yet I saved $0.28 a gallon using my EFS card.

I have a TCS card but haven't funded it.

Bill

16 hours ago, andyshane said:

I agree.  I used our TDS EFS card on a recent trip several times.  At TA's I saved about 12 cents a gallon but that is about what I save using a VISA card I have which gives 5% charge back on fuel.  Another time I used it at a Flying J and got penalized a dollar with no discount because they are not on the list.  They need to sign up a lot more fueling places.  These 25 to 30 cent discounts I heard about haven't come my way yet.  I have no experience with the TCS card.

16 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

I just used TSD EFS about 50 miles at a Love's and the pump price was $177 and my invoice price was $164 so I saved $14 with the TSD EFS card.

Use their Open Roads App and find stations along the route that use TSD.

But Wayne, Loves is usually much higher than other fuel stops so I question how "real" the discounts are to us.

You can use the card at almost any big rig refueling station.  However, as noted, most refuelers will be happy to accept your card, but if he/she is not in the TSD program you will pay full pump price and $1...not sure about the $1.  The two most popular are Loves and Pilot/Flying J....Loves takes the card, Pilot/FJ does not.

Jim S, I'll take a .28 cent discount anytime.

6 hours ago, akadeadeye said:

But Wayne, Loves is usually much higher than other fuel stops so I question how "real" the discounts are to us.

When I need fuel it doesn't mater to me what station I use as long as I can pull in, fuel up, drive out, and with the TSD EFS card that is what I can do.  One time I had to go in and the clerk didn't know what happened at the pump. they scanned my EFS card said I was good to go to fuel up and did not have to come back in. I'll take convenience anytime.

Also, watching the marquees along my route there wasn't any difference in price and my last savings at Loves was $14 .  One must watch on the open roads app for discounted stations.

Both the cards from TSD and TCS are nothing more than payment cards. Each will be accepted in many locations, but they usually have advantages over a regular credit card including being able to pump without dollar limits stopping the pump, ability to pay at the pump at a truck stop, and they both have discount pricing arranged through a network of dealers.

Checking their apps/pricing guides will tell you where you can fill and get the best discounts. Ignore the pricing guides and you'll end up paying full retail (and a transaction fee sometimes.)

Like Wayne, I'm filling in the larger truck stops for convenience regardless of the discount. So, if I can save $0.30 - $0.50 a gallon or more by checking an app before heading out for the day then why not? On our recent day it was just one more step in the daily route planning - chart my path for the day, and then go into the payment card's app to see what station along the route had the cheapest fuel. 

Well got fuel at a loves in Palestine AR today. Used my EFS card. Pump price was $3.389 payed $3.109 or a $0.280 discount. I only bought 76 gal and saved $21.35 but it cost me $0.40 to use the card. Tell me why this isn't a good deal.:P

Bill

According to "Open Roads App," all Love's stations are now providing a 28 cent discount for TSD users.

Edited by wayne77590