JMarske

Ground Fault plug and bay lights

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery that the GFI plug keeps popping when I plug in the central vacuum.  If I plug the central vacuum into a different plug then it doesn't pop. 

Also my bay lights won't come on. My son says all the fuses are all good.

What could the problem be an both items. 

1 hour ago, JMarske said:

Have replaced the plug already I should have put that in the message. 

Does the GFI trip when you are connected to Shore power? Does the GFI trip when the Generator is running?

Does the GFI trip when you turn on the Vacuum cleaner Or when you turn it off ?

There is an imbalance between the Neutral and ground connections. My personal opinion is to check the difference between the Neutral and Ground not connected to shore power and the reading when connected  to shore power.

Rich.

It trips everything I insert the central vacuum in. I had it checked and even replaced.  They put a meter on it and it checked out.

Edited by JMarske

17 minutes ago, JMarske said:

It trips everything I insert the central vacuum in. I had it checked and even replaced.  They put a meter on it and it checked out.

Did I understand you right? You said the central vac system has even been replaced??

10 hours ago, JMarske said:

The GFI tripping. This link might help explain how they work.  http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/bregnd.html#c3

The bay light not working is another issue. They normally are powered from the 12 volt system. The only item I can think of is that when the Vacuum trips  the GFI it Might have caused a spike in 12 volt Circuit. That should not happen and could also indicate a defective Ground connection in the 120 Volt system.

This link might explain the GFI operation better  http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/gfi3.html#c1

Rich.

The fact that the Vacuum worked on another circuit and tested OK leads me to think there is a week or loose ground or Neutral connection somewhere in the 120 volt system. Common point to check is the breaker box ground terminals and the common ground points in the coach. Then do loosen up over time !