wildebill308

How tall is your RV

That driver must not have been paying attention....at all.  You'd think if he saw 9 FT 9 IN, and knew anything about his tag axle coach.... it wouldn't even come close to clearing that over hang.

Our MH measures 12'6". The sales brochure states 12'6". I erroneously exited I 65  once in Nashville TN. I immediately saw a very large sign stating clearance 12'6". Just then a city bus passed me by, I followed that bus underneath the I 65 bridge without breathing.

At least I didn't make a convertible out of our MH.

I'm 13' 4" but I watch for anything under 13' 6".  If they have just paved the road with new asphalt it may be a little shorter than indicated until they get around to re-measuring.

I like the GPS's with input of your RV information and it gives warnings of low bridges, railroad crossings and especially with low ground clearance but the most important thing anyone can do is WATCH FOR THE YELLOW WARNING signs.

12'5" and I always watch the signs and pre-plan my routing. When I see where a bridge is while planning I go to Google street view and read the sign. I had a campground in NY tell me "if we can get here with our trailer, you'll have no problems with a motorhome". Never went there, booked elsewhere!

I also use Truck Router for some planning,

Also, when using Google Maps I'll get my directions then click on the MORE in the map pane and fill in the search with 'Truck Stops,' or 'RV Parks,'   Makes for easy planning sometimes.

Edited by wayne77590