Sign in to follow this  
f433921

Road Master Even Brake

I purchased a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee to replace my toad that was destroyed when I was rear ended.

It had been used as a toad by the previous owner and was all set up with a Roadmaster Even Brake actuator.

This would not have been my choice, but I thought I would give it a try.  After thoroughly reading the owner manual and following the set up instruction step by step I have unable to get it to work.  It will go thru the self diagnostic and the motor home monitor will indicate that tested OK and ready for use. When pressing the brakes the monitor will indicate "BRAKEING" for a few seconds then the monitor will display " NOT OPERATIONAL, MORE INFO" scrolling to the next page it will read "BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSES" when checking position of the pedal it is NOT depressed. Scrolling to  successive pages will offer probably causes which in include "IMPROPER INSTALLATION" and "READJUST SEAT TO PROPERLY SECURE UNIT"  

I have confirmed that wiring is correct bases on installation instructions and drawings.  I have tried repositioning the seat with no success.

I'm waiting for a response from previous owner .

I'm open for suggestions for any tips you may have. 

Jim

The even brake works fine but can be a little finicky.  It must have a good 12 volt power supply or it will give out false errors.  I used a extension cord to get 12 power from the back of our SRX and had to get a 14 gage heavy duty cord that will work.  Also if you have adjustable brake pedal  make sure it is all the way up.  Make sure the seat is adjusted so you can place your fingers between the front of the seat and the rear bar of the even brake.  If these don't solve your problem give Roadmaster a call. 

Ray thanks for your response. 

Found bad connection in the plug that I had installed to allow me to remove the ICX transmitter when the towed vehicle was not being used as a toad.

Jim