Artmillie

Suggestions for handicap ramping to eliminate steps

My wife is disabled to the point where she cannot get up the steps in our 2002 35' Tiffin Allegro Workhorse without assistance. She wants to maintain her independence but is getting very discouraged. I'm thinking about some sort of ramp or lift at the entrance that would help get in and out without so much difficulty. Can a lift be attached externally above or below and or can some sort of folding ramp with railings be installed in the doorway? I tried to install hand rail at top of steps but couldn't properly secure.

I would appreciate any suggestion

Thank you in advance.

Art

Newbe To Class A Michigan

IMG_20210808_103148810_HDR.jpg

Here is one, there are many available, google "lift for rv"

https://www.discovermymobility.com/store/scooter-lifts/burr/handy-lift/index.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwhaaKBhBcEiwA8acsHI0Krw3vPBQKDdKeFemYuNNui5VldV8arKno4zoolDni4oOCRp4_xBoCY8IQAvD_BwE

Good luck, the link that I sent is external, there are also some that are installed inside the door.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, Artmillie said:

I tried to install hand rail at top of steps but couldn't properly secure.

You are quite welcome for my suggestion. A very handy means of adding a handrail to the steps, is to go to a hardware or box store that sells either galvanized or black pipe, they also sell floor flanges that allow you to screw the threaded pipe into with four holes that you can use screws to attach to the floor, just a little thought will give some ideas of the needed fittings and pipe nipples to make this work out for you. I prefer black pipe because it can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol and lightly sanded then sprayed with any color paint. Forgot to say earlier, that 1/2 or 3/4 inch pipe works great.