teachers_pet

Tech Connect not working out of the box

My backup plan should TechConnect not connect is to use an old Android phone I have and get a prepaid Page Plus account.  It's $55 for 'unlimited' with a review of your usage after 60GB.  I'll use this phone as a hotspot when needed and I'll connect it to my TV with an HDMI cable for entertainment.  Research I've done indicates that for most people it's also unthrottled and unlimited up beyond 200GB.

I don't have that kind of luck, so I'll be happy with just the 60GB.......

PS....Page Plus is on the Verizon network.

Edited by jnjrappe
forgot to add

I was able to sign up today but I will be getting the MiFi8000 hotspot which is 4G, they still haven't been able to get a sim card that will work with the MiFi200 5G. They have the MiFi8000's in their inventory. Only bad part about the MiFi8000 is that it does not have T-Mobiles Band 71, hoping they will let me change hotspots out when they get the MiFi2000 work. Good thing about the MiFi8000 is that it has TS9 antenna ports so you can use a MiMo antenna which is sometime better that a cell booster. I should have my unit by Oct.25th and I will give an update once I get it up and running. My back up to this unit will be my T-Mobile S20 and the Magenta Max 5G Plan that gives me 40GB of hotspot and unlimited prioritized data that I can mirror to my TV, tablet, or computer.

I don't know if this helps, but I currently have used over 750G for this billing period and I have seen no evidence of throttling - the last speed test I did showed 115ish MBPS down.  I've had this for two months and at this point am supremely happy with the performance.

4 minutes ago, missalf said:

I don't know if this helps, but I currently have used over 750G for this billing period and I have seen no evidence of throttling - the last speed test I did showed 115ish MBPS down.  I've had this for two months and at this point am supremely happy with the performance.

Liked

Update,  Was able to connect directly with Josh at FMCA.   He sent me another fully tested and activated M2000 that I received today.  Set it up and it works perfectly.  Like others have said, I'm connected to the 5g network here at my residence and getting download speeds over 200mbs.  Thats faster than my Spectrum hard wired cable!    Also found that the M2000 supports OpenVPN.  I was quickly able to upload the OpenVPN file from my NordVPN account and the configuration/setup was super easy.

The team at FMCA is going through quite a lot right now with the Sprint/Tmob merger.  I appreciate all their help in getting this great FMCA benefit up and going.

Chuck

Edited by ncbounder

On 10/29/2021 at 10:16 AM, ddarind said:

@ncbounder are you still getting the same results with the M2000? 

Yes, it is working quite well here at home.  We will be going south next week and see how it works on the road.