Viddkid

1999 Pacearrow 37s electrical problems in Palm Beach Florida

We were forced out of our home in Las Vegas and had no choice but to purchase what we could afford. We drove from Las Vegas to Florida and had lots of electrical issues on the way. Our generator stopped working on the 3rd day. We are in an RV park for the next 5 months and still have lots of electrical problems. Last night, we lost our 12v lights and power inside. We can’t start the RV without a jump. Before I start calling expensive RV Repair services, I would love some information from anyone that has a Pace Arrow like mine that has had to deal with electrical problems, just so I may have a starting point.  Thank you all in advance for any insights you may have. 

A couple of things: check the age and condition of your house batteries and engine battery.  Bad batteries can cause a host of problems, even if you are plugged in.  While there, check the battery cables for corrosion and tightness.  

If the batteries and connections there are good, start tracing where you do have power and where you dont.  Having a multimeter will help alot when doing this troubleshooting.

Also, start looking for, and checking circuit breakers, fuses, and any evidence of wire damage from rubbing or rodents.  Also check the GFCI outlets (bathroom, kitchen) to see if they need to be reset.

Join as many Fleetwood groups as you can on Facebook, iRV2.com and elsewhere.  They may have wiring diagrams, manuals, and troubleshooting tips for coaches very similar to yours.

Edited by aztec7fan

Thank you for the response. All batteries are new.  I have tried all main fuses, but have yet to check Battery Control fuses. I will join some fleetwood groups in hopes of diagrams. (Owners manuals are totally useless when it comes to finding information). 

13 hours ago, Viddkid said:

Thank you for the response. All batteries are new.  I have tried all main fuses, but have yet to check Battery Control fuses. I will join some fleetwood groups in hopes of diagrams. (Owners manuals are totally useless when it comes to finding information). 

Welcome to the FMCA forum !

You might need to check the Reset Button on the Inverter / Charger. 

Who replaced the batteries for you? 

Do you have a picture of the house battery wiring ?

What is the DC Voltage at the batteries when the Coach engine is running ? 

Can you connect a picture of the inverter / charger remote control ?     What lights are light on the Controller?   Does the remote indicate any charging modes?

Have you Cleaned the battery connections  and made sure they are tight ?  What is the series number of the House batteries and the Chassis Batteries ?

Rich.

Some MH's do not charge the chassis battery while on shore power. Do you have a multi-meter to check voltage?