Viddkid

Thetfod toilet clogged. 1999 Pacearrow 37s

We purchased a used 1999 Pacearrow 37s, we have been on the road and now the toilet is clogged. We snaked from both ends and stuck a hand down to remove clog. Apparently, previous owner put tampons and other assorted goodies down the toilet. It is a Thetfod toilet, and we have been trying to figure out how to unclog it. If anyone knows how long the pvc pipes are and how they run, or a plumbing diagram for our unit, I would be very appreciative. So far we have used a 15’ cobra auger from Walmart. I will buy some Rid-x today and try to dissolve the clog.  I am open to any and all suggestions. We are in Lake Worth, Florida. 

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Viddkid
Added information

Is there a switch close to the toilet that needs to be turned on? Or when you look down the toilet and see a large hole straight down with a three inch opening. If it is the latter, and most about that vintage are. If so the holding tank should be directly below the toilet. If this the case, you are probably experiencing the dreaded mound in the black tank. As stated above, does liquid drain from black tank when the large valtera valve is opened? If liquid does drain, then you will need to put as much water in the holding tank as possible, preferably hot water, add some dawn dish liquid and let stand for a while. Then while holding the flush valve open, use a stiff rod, a short piece of rebar will work fine, place the rod straight down the drain and slowly move the rod back and forth gently to move the mound. If you have a vacu flush or macerator flush system, the above instructions will not work, but if a gravity system, will work well. Good luck!

Go to your nearest rv supply store and get a "flush king", or similar flushing device that hooks to the drain in the wet bay, and allows you to force water back into the holding tank(s).  It worked for me when my gray water tank was clogged from a previous owner.

It may take several flushes to clear the clog and clean out the tank.  Be sure and have someone monitor the toilet to make sure you are not overflowing in that area.

15 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

I like the paint mixer on an extension and electric drill idea my self. Just mix things up.

Bill

Yep, paintmixer  works well.