MONTIE

Outside TV

I have noticed the new motorhomes that have a TV mounted inside the sidewall. I have yet to remember to ask if that is a kit that can be purchased. I think I would like that. As most of you know, in the daytime it's hard to see these flat screens. If it is a kit, where can you buy one?

I have not had a chance to look at one of the factory installs. Is there a weather proof box and something inside the door. I have enough room behind that particular couch and it would not be a problem to get electricity and cable there. We visited the Allegro paint factory in Mississippi a few weeks ago and most of the new coaches had that option. I would like to know how much it cost.

I have not had a chance to look at one of the factory installs. Is there a weather proof box and something inside the door. I have enough room behind that particular couch and it would not be a problem to get electricity and cable there. We visited the Allegro paint factory in Mississippi a few weeks ago and most of the new coaches had that option. I would like to know how much it cost.

Montie,

I had a 32" LCD tv and Onkyo stereo receiver mounted inside the first bay of my 07 Gulfstream Tourmaster. The bay was already pre-wired for cable/sat/elec so I had a custom stereo shop build a box inside the bay to hold the tv mount and to house the stereo receiver and two small speakers. I also had him put to external speaker plugs next to the receiver so I can plug in two Peavey external speakers. I bought collapsible stands on which to set the external speakers. This set up will be used to tailgate and/or Nascar events. I also had an IPOD dock added so I can listen to my music outside as well. Total costs to me excluding the TV was about $2000. It's not cheap but I am enjoying it. Watched the NBA finals last week while on the road and a few of our neighbors joined us to watch, which was fine by me.

Brad Steele