C-928382

2003 Class C Ford e450 Wheel Simulator Lug Nut Cover

A lug nut cover (along with the nut) fell off my Ford e450 Class C (Fleetwood Tioga 29V) motor home. I've tried researching Google, this forum, and others to see about a replacement part. Does anyone have a suggestion or perhaps a similar year Ford e450 that has had to replace one before? Thanks!  Dimensions are 1 5/8 cover length, 1 3/8 cover diameter, 1 1/16 lug nut outer diameter, and 9/16 thread hole.

IMG_4641.jpg

Edited by C-928382
Meant to include part dimensions

WOW! I had that problem on my last RV and so I said "I know exactly who to call, call Dicor. I was shocked when I clicked on their site and found this message. 

"Due to discontinued stock, Dicor is no longer supplying wheel parts and accessories.

For any replacement wheel products, please contact your aftermarket distributor or dealer."

So now I don't know. I would start with calling Fleetwood.

Bill

I think the better way to specify a lug nut is the size of the socket that fits the nut and the size and threads per inch on the stud.  Any auto parts store can help you confirm those dimensions if you take in a lug nut,

I would also think that appropriate lug nuts with a SS cover should be available from the Auto Parts stores. I doubt that they are unique to the wheel simulators you have.

Check out BuyTruckWheels.com.

Click here to take you to their selection of lug nut covers: Chrome ABS Plastic & Stainless Steel Lug Nut Covers – Buy Truck Wheels  I think yours are 33 mm.  Although I had to use Google to do the conversion from inches to mms, LOL.

They also have a selection of lug nuts. Click on "Accessories" on the menu bar to see what's available.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:34 PM, C-928382 said:

A lug nut cover (along with the nut) fell off

I think you know this, but for outers who may not. You show the lug nut with the cover on it. Normally you remove the cover with some special plyers then remove the nut. You can identify the removable covers by the dimple in the cover. 

Bill

That cover and nut appears to only hold the simulator on. The factory lug nuts had a built in washer. 
Can you photo the wheel?

On 10/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, jleamont said:

That cover and nut appears to only hold the simulator on. The factory lug nuts had a built in washer. 
Can you photo the wheel?

Attached is the best pic I have available - this is the actual wheel cover - before one of the lug nut cover (and associated lug nut) fell off.

IMG_4856.jpg

Thought I had a solution, but lug nut cover ordered was too tall. I believe a 1 3/8 lug nut would be correct, which may be a Phoenix PNF22LNT.

Edited by C-928382
My update was incorret

4 hours ago, C-928382 said:

A photo of the new lug nut cover/jam nut is below. Thanks for everyone's input.

Ok why would you do that? Now you need a deferent socket and you will damage scratch up the decorative cover. See the dimple in the cover? that is to identifies that that is one of the covers you remove before/so you can take the jam nuts off that hold the decorative cover on. 

This is a picture of the tool to remove the covers.

Bill

GG Grand General 90250 Chrome Aluminum Heavy Duty Lug Nut Cover Puller for 1-1/2" and 33mm Across Flat Lug Nut Covers