tmahanna

Air Force 1 Braking System

Does anyone have experience with the Air Force 1 Braking System by Demco.

Any opinion on its performance, reliability, quality or problems.

I have the Air Force One. Moved it from the previous Chevrolet to our new one. All together about 8 years trouble free. The installation instructions are excellent and their customer service is great. 

Previously, I had Brake Buddy which worked well until it locked up and destroyed the front brakes, rotors and spindles. Luckily found problem before tires cough fire. 

I have had AF1 since 2008. First on a 2007 Saturn and then transferred it to the 2013 Lincoln. I have never had a problem with it.

I have a little concern about the air hose between the units. 

Both from wear and tear as well as the extra line to hook up and coupling issues.

Did you have to do anything to keep the air hose in good condition and or protected?

I am using my original air line. At least 10 years usage and more than 150,000 miles. I do have  a spare, but have never used it. I have lost several sets of when not in use protection caps. They are just a soft plastic cap to keep water and road dirt out of the system. They have always given me spare sets for free. 

Edited by rossboyer

I have been using the same air line between MH and TOAD since 2008. When not in use I keep all towing parts in a plastic box.

I have replaced the electrical light cord twice. Seems those contact like to act bad from time to time.

Edited by wayne77590
Electrical cord

10 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

... When not in use I keep all towing parts in a plastic box...

Same here but in an old gym bag, stowed in the MH.  It never ceases to amaze me, when I wonder around any campground, the number of RVers who leave tow equipment (safety cables, electrical cord) attached to the RV and hardware that easily comes off, on the toad.  I don't worry about theft or the damage the sun and weather do to those expensive items.

19 minutes ago, five said:

Same here but in an old gym bag, stowed in the MH.  It never ceases to amaze me, when I wonder around any campground, the number of RVers who leave tow equipment (safety cables, electrical cord) attached to the RV and hardware that easily comes off, on the toad.  I don't worry about theft or the damage the sun and weather do to those expensive items.

While I am not to worried about theft or loss of cables and pins. I put them up because it is a serious pain (you know where) to find out you need something when you are hooking up. You can't just run down to the corner store and pick up more. Some things like the adapter pins for the baseplate may be several days out. 

Bill

10 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

I carry a few spares of pins.

Yes I have a couple extra of the small locking pins with the snap over locking ring. I was lucky to find them at a Ace hardware in Bird in hand PA. I am talking about the big pins that go into the baseplate and the tow bar attaches to or the pins to attach the tow bar that the little locking pins go into.

Bill

My tow bar is locked to the coach with locking hitch pins. Cables are mounted to the tow bar and so is the electrical cable (although the cable is easy to remove). Pins, I put them back into the tow bar and they are padlocked when parked. I padlock the Jeep to the tow bar if boondocking, (so it cannot be tampered with) otherwise I use the standard pins Bill described above. When at a campground everything is inside the Demco cover and zipped close, it all fits.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, wayne77590 said:

I got my extra pins at Tractor Supply. They have a multitude of towing accessories and parts.

So does Wally World.