patriot

22.5 tires

I am looking at new tires on the program for our Beaver Patriot can anyone comment on the Michelin XMZ, XTY2, XIZ or Continental HSR2.

if anyone is running these on their Diesel pusher I am wondering about ride, handling and road noise.

thank you

Keith

I am on second set of HRS's  replace first ones at 8 years old no cracks 

Never had the other brand so cannot comment 

I understand Michelin do not fair as well 

Edited by bm02tj

Ask questions before purchasing from the program; that webpage used to have a statement advising to check pricing before buying, as sometimes a tire dealer could sell for less than the program costs.

I would not have Michelins on my coach...swapped OEM Michelins due to side wall cracking at five and a half years and low mileage.

I run Michelin XRV and they have been excellent.  Quite and smooth ride.   On second set.   Dealer paid me $100.00 per old tire trade in when installing new ones.  They were only 8 years old.  They are made in Canada.

I called Michelin and paid them their cost and paid the dealer labor for installation. 

Edited by charlieiam

Ours are made in USA, if your in Europe they are made in Germany....so what?  For some reason, USA don't hold up as good.  BFG (owned and made by Michelin, in same plant) are great. Also a lot less money!

Last coach I put Continental's on through the tire program. Over $100.00 cheaper each than the Michelin tire through the program. Road and drove as good or better than the old Michelin tires. Yes I would do it again.

Bill

Patriot --

When I purchased my coach 2-1/2 years ago, it had OEM Michelin XZA2 tires which at the time were less that four years old.  Six months after purchasing the coach, those OEM Michelins developed a rather significant amount of sidewall cracking on all four tires (the previous owner stored the coach in covered storage).   There are several posts on FMCA and iRV2 about Michelin tires suffering pre-mature side wall cracking.   I replaced the Michelins with a new set of Hankook AH37 tires (275/70R22.5) tires for $375 each using the Hankook tire discount program that FMCA had at that time.  Thus far after ~10,000 miles of use I've been very pleased with the Hankooks (especially knowing that they will age-out long before they wear-out). 

If you are the "typical" motorhome owner who only drives ~5,000 miles per year, take a look at Hankook tires and save some $$$.