bandmmorris

Starter Won't Engage

I changed the batteries in my 2007 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ and now the starter will not engage. Here is what I have found so far. If I jumper the small wire on the starter solenoid the engine will turn over, but not start. When the start position is engaged there is no voltage at this terminal. Most of the dash lights come on, but not the "Wait to Start" or the pushbuttons for the Allison transmission shift selections. The fuel gauge does not operate either. Have checked all the fuses I can find and all appear good. Ignition relays "click" when key is turned on. I don't think it is an ignition switch problem. Kind of ran out of everything I can think of to try so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The usual cause of this is incorrect battery connections. Did you take a picture of the battery wiring before changing batteries?

Front fuse panel Drivers side in front of wheel. There are two Solenoids You have a bad one. Turn on the key and check for power on both large studs. If you don't have power to all 4 studs the solenoid with one dead stud is the bad one.  Be sure you get a 12 volt continuous Solenoid.

Herman