Hi everyone - 

Part of the reason I joined FMCA was for the TechConnect WiFi - - When I try to sign up it says that registration is offline and I should try back in a few days.  I have checked back for a few weeks now and it always says the same thing.  I sent in a question to FMCA - but so far have not received any answer.

Does anyone have any information?

Thanks in Advance

-Bill

Bill, Welcome to the Forum. There was a problem with the Merger between T Mobile and Sprint. They are working on it and should be up very soon. When they get there all new units will be 5G and actually unlimited. So I am asking you to please be patient. 

Again,  Welcome. 

Herman 

Is there any update to TechConnect+ for new FMCA members?  I'm interested in this, but I don't see any thing definitive about this opportunity?  The FMCA website should at least inform members if the feature is working or closed to new members pending a new agreement.

Steve

It's not as great a deal anymore, now if you go over 50 gb you may get throttled. I didn't get throttled till I got to my recent location. Early in the morning I get speeds in the 60,s but in the evening it drops down to almost unusable speed, lot's of buffering when streaming. Speeds are 1.5 to 3mps.

I'll be in the park till the end of summer to see if fuel prices come down before I continue traveling.

Someone in the park recomended Calyx internet to me it's $750.00 to buy in for the first year because you have to buy the hot spot from them then it's $500.00 year after that $8.33 a month less than techconnect. And no throttling. So I ordered it a couple days ago. Don't have it yet.

If you only need 4g it's $500.00 first year then $400.00 a year after that.

I don't have any affiliation with them it's just the best price I've seen (except the first year) for unlimited.

It's also T-mobile by the way.

Edited by Viking1500

Viking1500,

Sorry, Viking1500 T-Mobile through FMCA is Unlimited. However when you are in a highly congested area it will throttle back. So if you are in the center of Detroit it will slow during peak times but if you are in the Poconos Mountains you will have full unlimited service and you are month to month with no contract.

Hope Calyx is good for you. 

Safe travels,

Herman 

I might as well be in Detroit. I'm in a small town in North Carolina not exactly a metropolis.

Yesterday I had a speed of 58 mbps at 7 am by 8pm it was 0.27 mbps. I had dial up faster than that in the 80's.

I could understand throttling from 50 to 15 or 20mbps but to make it unusable is a bit extreme.

For comparison, check out Verizon pre-paid, We already have a pre-paid Verizon phone, so the hotspot is $35/month for 50GB plan.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:03 AM, Viking1500 said:

I might as well be in Detroit. I'm in a small town in North Carolina not exactly a metropolis.

Yesterday I had a speed of 58 mbps at 7 am by 8pm it was 0.27 mbps. I had dial up faster than that in the 80's.

I could understand throttling from 50 to 15 or 20mbps but to make it unusable is a bit extreme.

I am in NC also with the same issue. But, I think its because of congestion due to kids and folks being home and using the system

Got my Calyx a few days ago, it's the same M2000 on the same T-mobile, but it's a huge improvement. Don't know why.

Ran them side by side at around 6 pm, got 0.38mbps  with the FMCA M2000 and 28.0 mbps with the CalyxM 2000. 3 bars of 5G showing on both devices. Only had 32gb on the FMCA so it shouldn't have been throttling.

No issues now with streaming two tv's at the same time. Couldn't stream on one tv before.

It little pricy to get at $750.00 the first year because your paying for the hotspot. But it drops to $500.00 a year after that, so it comes out at $41.66 a month and unlimited no throttling.

Edited by Viking1500

Just got my new ATT FMCA Hotspot. It is $59.99 a month and runnung at 25 mbps right now and it didn't cost me $750 for the unit.

12 minutes ago, sstgermain said:

Just got my new ATT FMCA Hotspot. It is $59.99 a month and runnung at 25 mbps right now and it didn't cost me $750 for the unit.

Well it cost $250.00 for the unit and $500.00 for the year.

Your paying $719.88 for a year.

Next year I'll be paying $500.00 a year you will still be paying $719.88

Edited by Viking1500

23 minutes ago, Viking1500 said:

Well it cost $250.00 for the unit and $500.00 for the year.

Your paying $719.88 for a year.

Next year I'll be paying $500.00 a year you will still be paying $719.88

Yup, its really simple math. I have the new Techconnect/att and the Calyx. Price wise, the Calyx is a better deal. I just need 2 right now for diff locations