timnjulie

New coach batteries won’t stay fully charged

I have replaced my coach batteries and they are not holding a charge unless I’m driving. They slowly get from 12 to 10 volts even plugged into 50 amps. I checked my converter fuses and they checked ok there. Any suggestions?

Do you have a converter (one that only charges the battery), or an inverter (one that changes 12 volts dc to 120 ac, and charges the battery). If a converter, the convert er may be bad. If an inverter, either bad or the battery out fuses/circuit breaker may be tripped or blown.

tim, did you replace the batteries with the same type?  Acid to Acid or AGM to AGM.  

Is this in a Motorhome or Trailer? 

12 hours ago, timnjulie said:

I have a converter. The monitor panel fault light is on now too. 

I think the problem is your converter (it converts 120 volt to 12 volt) is not powering the charger. Find out what the fault light is for. Look in your settings and see what the charger is set to. Let us know what you find.

Stray thought, some converters need a temp sensor hooked to the batteries to work correctly. Make shure if you have one it is hooked up correctly.

Bill

On 11/2/2021 at 10:50 PM, timnjulie said:

I have a converter. The monitor panel fault light is on now too. 

A converter changes 120VAC to 12VDC and charges battery bank. There is no need for one with  your MH type. An inverter  changes 12VDC to 120VAC and charges battery bank so  you may run the microwave, coffee maker, etc when dry camping.

What is the brand name of your converter?

Edited by rayin