whiteeagle

New Motorhome - Need Great Insurance Coverage - Yours Great?

Am hoping to get back to full-timing this week .. so.. Have need to get insurance coverage on a new motor home this week....

Had same insurance for many years and thought I had great coverage but current issues have popped up that indicate mine is poor...

Have been paying the extra for "FULL REPLACEMENT VALUE" but now not sure they would cover anything above original purchase price. Discovered that the max they pay for "Temporary Living Expense" while motorhome is being repaired is $750 ---.that was gone in first 5 days.... then no help, and  --- they are in no hurry whatsoever in getting motorhome fixed while I'm basically homeless while they take their time looking for lowest cost options for them... 

Looking for normal coverages for full-timer --- $500- $1000 comprehensive deductible, and $500-$1000/collision deductible, $500,000/$500,000 liability limits

... Am aware of Progressive, Auto-Owners, Formost.. Nationwide, and am checking with FMCA for quotes from the carriers they now work with ... but..... any others with recommendations?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks...

Still working on it as I pick up the new bus tomorrow...Farm Bureau doesn't write policies on full-timers in WI ..Their agent here quoted couple other companies .... Insurance costs seem to have increased over 30% in each of last 2 years. - likely partially due to the motor home prices going up probably  10% per each of last 3 years.

Quotes so far from Progressive, Formost, Auto Owners,  Nation Wide, Allied,  National General.. Hope to have State Farm Option today...

1 hour ago, whiteeagle said:

Still working on it as I pick up the new bus tomorrow

Well you are going to have to make a decision and get coverage before they give you the keys.

Bill

Bill, not necessarily....Bank finance, then yes.  Cash, then no, liability only or umbrella policy, will get you out the door.