fagnaml

Enclosed Storage Facility -- Need Opinions!

I posted earlier today about the vandalism / break-in my coach suffered at its current storage location.   About ten miles away from my current facility is an very nice RV storage facility that offers fully enclosed (but not climate controlled) storage with nicer amenities that my current storage facility  --> Boat & RV Storage in Richmond TX | Luxury Boat & RV Storage (luxboatrvstorage.com) .   

My coach is 40'8' overall length, and I'm guessing ~10'6" "mirror to mirror" width.   My question to the forum is which of the storage space sizes at this facility would be most appropriate for my coach -- 13'x45' or 14'x50' or 16'x55' ?   My thinking is the 14' x 50' space would be most appropriate (?). 

My current storage space is a covered , drive through 13'x 50' space --> Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage in Katy, TX.   

For the enclosed storage facility I would need to learn to back into a storage space.  The space between storage buildings is ~65'.   Is that enough space to somewhat easily maneuver my coach to back into a storage spot? 

Thanks for your thoughts and guidance! 

Mike, when I lived down there, I had a 14' x 50' enclosed for a 45'....I drove mine inn and backed out. 65' is plenty.

If you have a rear camera and a good ground guide backing is easy if you watch and listen to both, and remember GOAL = Get Out And Look when you have any doubts. In my garage I have 2 white reflectors on the back wall to help position the MH the right distance from the side-wall. I measured my rear overhang and measured from the back wall to where my rear tires would set + 3' behind the rear cap for working on the engine. I back our MH into the garage by myself without any problems, it's all about getting lined-up before your rear cap enters the opening to the building.

P.S. this is NOT a timed event.

The storage width depends on if you may want to extend the slides while i storage, I too would prefer the 14'X50' size for that reason.

Edited by rayin

My storage spot is 50' x 20' so I can open all slides to work/clean it.  I prefer to back it in.  I have two parallel 4" red lines painted 18" wider than each side of the coach, plus I have four red cones sitting on the red lines on each side, equally spaced throughout the 50'.  As long as I'm inside the red lines I'm okay on side space.  I have two 4 x 4s to stop my backing, and tilt both outside mirrors down so I can see the red  lines and cones when backing.  My space is closed all around with limited lighting.  If I headed it in, it would be very very dark inside.  However, once  backed in, with a 20' opening in the front, it lets in lots of light.  I can back in by myself with the set up I have.